The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 AM   #26
SulphurDave

Re: What did you get done? 02/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy65-ls1 View Post
As I stated in another thread. Installed my new Blazer trim and relocated the tailgate handle. Did the 89/91 front end conversion Wensday.
i have the same reverse handle on mine except my tailgate was shaved. yours looks very good though

SulphurDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:39 AM   #27
poolboy65-ls1
iamthepoolboy!

I was try to keep it stock looking. Make people have to look twice.
Black primed 81 Silverado SWB one owner rust free all original 106,000 project. Steel cowl hood, 89/91 front grill, Blazer tailgate trim, sport rear bumper, 5/6 Drop, 17" Eagle Alloys, Big block is on the stand! COMING SOON: one piece glass, and more.
poolboy65-ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #28
82c10
needin' money

saturday i went and looked at an 89 lx, and now am 95 % sure i am gonna buy it, while i was there looking at it, the guy showed me his car, it is frickin' sweet, anyways sunday i showed a kid my car that i have for sale, and let him test drive it, he would not get it over 3,000 rpm, and said he hadn't driven anything with power before, that was his excuse, so by thursday i am letting the guy know for sure on the 89, and will probably go get it this friday hopefully,and saturday i am gonna move my truck over to behind my grandma, and grandpa's house, and get it out of my front yard while my parents are gone, if i don't sell my 90 this next week, i am gonna park it where the truck is with a for sale sign in it, until i sell it, or my friend buys it, also today i initiated a deal on my friends hatch to a guy on another forum, and i am pretty sure he is gonna buy a motor from him also,so i will make a lil money off of that, and probably do a tune-up on the 89, like i said i am pretty sure i am gonna buy it, will see in next week's WDYGD thread
Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #29
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

I went to the junkyard yesterday and got a double-hump crossmember for the truck. It took me a couple of hours to find one with all three sections, but I got a nice one out of a Big 10. I also saw a Heavy Half there for the first time.

I plan to have new duals run once I get the tubular exhaust manifolds installed that I bought a couple of weeks ago, so I wanted to do them up right with a double hump crossmember. I still need to sandblast and paint the manifolds first, though. I did finally get the old rusty studs out of them this week, and welded the air injection tubes shut since i don't need them.

I also got the paint, gaskets, and donuts for them. It was a lot harder to get the donuts than it should have been since i don't know the exact application they came from. The guys at the parts store can't find anything unless you can tell them the year, make, model, engine transmission, and everything else. Sometimes even that isn't enough. I asked him to look up the part number for headlights for the truck on the computer to save me some time, and he couldn't figure it out...

I replaced all four headlights on the truck tonight. When I bought it, it had no halogen headlights. I thought I had put halogen high beams in it when I installed the low beams 5 or 6 years ago, but apparently I didn't. I think the passenger side high beam was original.

I found out that I had a broken headlight adjuster when I replaced the lights, and one that the previous owner had "fixed" by cross threading a nut onto the back of it, so I ended up replacing the adjusters on all 4 lights. The plactic on them was really brittle, and I didn't want to have to mess with them again. Of course I had to go to three different auto parts stores to find enough adjusters to do all four headlights.

It wasn't much, but it was a lot more than I have done in a while.

Slonaker
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #30
grinch4om
dang its hot

Iwatched the winternats! Nitro !
grinch4om is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #31
1987 Shortwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy65-ls1 View Post
I was try to keep it stock looking. Make people have to look twice.

IMO, you've picked the best look for the back of our trucks. In fact, I'm selling my roll pan to pick up that same bumper. I really wish I hadn't already shaved my tailgate, but I'll probably end up airbrushing that brushed panel on the shaved tailgate to get the same effect.
My 87 buildup
Daily Driver: 99 Sierra SLE 4X4. Black on Black and harder than hell to keep clean.
1987 Shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #32
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker View Post
I found out that I had a broken headlight adjuster when I replaced the lights, and one that the previous owner had "fixed" by cross threading a nut onto the back of it, so I ended up replacing the adjusters on all 4 lights. The plactic on them was really brittle, and I didn't want to have to mess with them again. Of course I had to go to three different auto parts stores to find enough adjusters to do all four headlights.
haha one of mine broke on friday! i need to go get new ones for all the head lights. how much were they and do you have a part number?
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #33
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Finally fixed my exhaust hanger with an actual bolt and nut instead of a wire hanger.

It's amazing how temporary fixes that you tell yourself you're going to take care of the following weekend take a month or more to fix.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #34
82c10
needin' money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbaud View Post
haha one of mine broke on friday! i need to go get new ones for all the head lights. how much were they and do you have a part number?
i wanna say 4 bucks each, but it was a couple years ago on mine
Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #35
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82c10 View Post
i wanna say 4 bucks each, but it was a couple years ago on mine
damn, i was guessnig like $10 for a pack of 4 or something
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #36
SSC's76
No No

This weeksend I was freaking beat! To tired to even fire up the computer and post anything. I did finish the carpet install and washed the truck, was going to clean the car but I just couldent do it. I did pick up another beater for $125, 89 fNord Bronco II. Very clean interior the outside doent have any rust but needs some work. I may just rebuild the trans and sell it since it slips a bit. Or If I get enough engergy I'll make it an offroad beast chevy powered of course.
Gen VI 454, Muncie HD 3 speed With Modified OE Hurst Shifter, 3.73 12 bolt, GMPP HO roller cam, Hooker headers, Performer intake with modified Q-jet, Accel distributor. Best 1/4 12.3 @108. Funnest run 19.84 @88 full 1/4 mile burn out.
1997 K1500 ext cab 5.7 stock except muffler
SSC's76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #37
VTKidder

I bought a sweetheart of an '86 K20 plow truck......$550. You could throw a cat through the holes in damn near every panel, but for a goodwrench 350 crate motor, new Edelbrock 600, TH400, dual tanks, (5) brand new 285/75/16 tires and a 7.5' Fisher plow that works great, I figured I did well.
VTKidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #38
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbaud View Post
damn, i was guessnig like $10 for a pack of 4 or something
I gave $3.99 a pair for them. Each headlight takes a pair. I got them from the HELP! section. Part number on my receipt, which I still happen to have in my wallet, is 42119. They are a little expensive, but you get the plastic clip and a new chrome adjuster screw.

Be careful changing them out. The stainless steel trim next to the driver's side lowbeam is razor sharp. I got a pretty big cut just from brushing up against it.

Slonaker
Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #39
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by steemin_ehman View Post
i....my little brother put a pee sized chip in it..... i wish you told me to tape up little siblings too lol)
I guess it's too late, but if you had found the paint that chipped out you could super glue it back in. Please don't ask why I know this....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #40
84 400
Sb 400 club

I went to check out the 1941 plymouth and it was in the condision i expected. Needs restoration but i think it would make a nice gage project and driver when done. all stock with an amiture paint job and my father and i doing all the work. So we drove the 2hr one way and checked it out on saturday. The guy allso had a beastly 66 nova he built. Then we checked out providance RI. then on sunday i worked on my college junk and took my wheel horse out for alittle fun in the snow. Spun it around a bit which was fun. Then later my father and i went over the plymouth trying to decide what to do. We still can't decide if we should get the plymouth or the jeep yj. eather way it is gonna sit outside uuntill i get back from school in the summer. No way my 84 is lossing its spot in the garage.

Also slonaker what store did you buy them at? i have a few broken ones on my truck.

thanks
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #41
steemin_ehman
False Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
I guess it's too late, but if you had found the paint that chipped out you could super glue it back in. Please don't ask why I know this....
lol thanx, now im gonna scrounge around for the piece of paint its worth a shot i guess

-1979 Chevy CCLB, 6.7L Cummins swap - Project "RAMERADO"
-2015 Yukon XL Denali (Family ride)
-1977 Chevy stepside, carb'ed vortec 350 (SOLD)
-Father of three daughters who will also have something cool...
steemin_ehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #42
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
lol thanx, now im gonna scrounge around for the piece of paint its worth a shot i guess
Just remember it's probably not orange on the back side. The piece I had to glue back on was all the way down to the pearl white base coat...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:13 PM   #43
pcmcobra

speaking of "paint"...
my Dad just got his el camino back from the paint shop today, put it on the trailer and drove home, while "attempting" to "push" it off the trailer and back in his shop..."he" dented the tailgate...
glad I was not there...I would have been sick...
poor pop...

Miami...Flee it like a native
pcmcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:00 AM   #44
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 400 View Post
Also slonaker what store did you buy them at? i have a few broken ones on my truck.
I got two pair at O'Reilly Auto Parts and two pair at Advance Auto Parts. Auto Zone didn't have any.

Slonaker
Old 02-13-2007, 08:58 AM   #45
panelguy

Quote:
i finally got all my box peices back from the paint shop and assembled my box in dads shop. with every new bolt i put on, a little more excitement rose outta me lol.... then my little brother put a pee sized chip in it. ahh well, its gonna happen anyway
the green tape is holding the tailgate up until we put on the mounts... and also to keep from chipping the paint while we put the tailgate on and alligned it.... thanx for the tips guys!!!!... i wish you told me to tape up little siblings too lol)
WOW!!!!!!! that is gonna be one sweet truck. Hope to see it in person someday!
79 Chevy blazer 2wd
01 Chevy silverado 2wd reg cab shortbox
panelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #46
boatpuller

put on a new performer air gap and a 600 edelbrock.mounted a polished compressor,chrome alternator.and figured out all my belt lengths.gonna try to wire up vintage air this week,got it all stuffed up under dash,it's getting close.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote