The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
b.sharp

Lightbulb door panel replacement

Kawbe,

Thanks for the information. This seams fairly easy and a lot cheaper than new doors. Did you use a out skin at all or just a piece of 18ga. metal? I see that the inner panel is welded in but it apears that the new metal is just a panel and doesn't wrap over the edges like the original skin. Is that true? How did you get a good weld from the new metal piece to the back of the inside panel. I assume you may have drilled some holes and tacked through them?? More information on how you got them to turn out good would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry Krue for posting an add about wanting to buy doors. I didn't realize that the WTD ads were forbidden on this page also.

Last edited by b.sharp; 02-14-2007 at 10:53 AM.
b.sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Re: door panel replacement

No I replaced both inner and outer panels. I first replaced the inner panel, then the outer skin. I did not like the outter skin guage (it seemed thin to me) so I cut out along the edges leavin only about an inch and half allow the egde and took soom 18 gauge sheetmetal and bent on in the from I like and welded it in.

I hope that cleared it up if not I will try to find so pics to show you what I did. PM me your email and I will seed some pics if I can find some showing this.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote