The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: better then a barn yard find

Your truck is a CustomDeluxe.One notch below Cheyenne.But,that doesn`t really matter.So...how much did you pay to need to get that kinda money.It`ll never bring near $20k.If it was original or had the current trend in modified,it would bring as much as $12-15k.But,everything would have to be tip-top condition and working.As mentioned,belt off a/c,must need a clutch or compressor.Leaks,prolly not fresh rebuilt...cuts price in half.People want to see more into it than paid in the price range you`re after.Unless you got a steal on it,don`t expect a huge profit.Don`t get me wrong,I like it.I`d would want to keep it.But,as a rule,you don`t get what you put into a truck when selling.The only way most people would pay $20k for one of these trucks would be if they could see way more than that in it.At Pomona you`ll have some well educated truck buyers.Also,your truck/price will be put up against all those others.So,there will be a "ball park" standard on value.
Good luck.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

I just read some other posts.That is definately a CustomDeluxe.The cloth on that seat only came on those except in`72 when there was the Highlander pkg available on the CustomDeluxe.All highlanders had parchment interiors with one of 4 colors (according to ext.color) plaid inserts.
The CustomDeluxes came with lower belt moulding w/black accent.Woodgrain only on Cheyenne/CheyenneSuper (except `72 Highlander).With deluxe 2-tone (white top/center side) there would have been the top moulding to divide colors.So the question to a wise buyer...how was filling all those wholes handled?The may be no rust,but a good bit of (minor) bodywork all over the truck to fill trim holes.
I can track every option code,if you want.It`s not so important since the truck is altered from original,anyway.
There are so many of these trucks that have stayed with their original owners and loved from day one.I`ve have a `71 4wd shortbed from CT.The title was in the original owner`s name and the dealer invoice was in the glovebox.He plunked a $20 deposit,came back with the cash,and drive it home w/o insurance.I can tell it was garage-kept.It still had a clear plastic seat cover since new.But,being a New England truck,it is rusty.If this guy lived out of the rust belt,what a find it would be.Never altered from original.(BTW,the exact same colors as yours).That color is Medium Blue,not Dark Blue.Go to www.autoclorlibrary.com to see.
We`re in a cycle,now,where all these trucks from all around the country that have been in the hands of original owners(prolly more than any vehicle known) and cherished as their "last truck" are coming about only due to these ol`boys passing on or just done driving.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM   #28
manimal

I had the very same seat in my 72 custom camper. I have always wondered where to get the correct seat cover to restore it,but have only seen a few in other trucks.BTW very nice truck. I sell at Pomona all the time and you will be up agianst some serious customs at your price,but then again I have seen a 1958 impala rag top that needed:quarters,full floors,trunk pan,rockers,doors,front fenders,motor-trans,interior,and rag top and all the chrome-sold for 12,000!!!(W-T-F!) Anyhow,good luck.
-Lance
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #29
Trick76
Living la vida broka

Here is a 20,000 ride

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/277888500.html
1985 GMC C20 350 700r4, ~under the knife
Trick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #30
boraxman
Keepin an eye out

Nice ride, im gong to be selling wheels and tires off my truck, near new 15x8.5 Center Line Hellcats(5 lug) w near new BFG t/a radials, would look great on your truck. Just kinda waiting for the new ones. PM me if you or anybody is interested for details and better pics.
Attached Images

ZIP 91351
boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #31
meaniam

Re: Here is a 20,000 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick76 View Post
Custom 1972 Chevy C-10 Stepside with fresh restoration. Almost everything has been replaced. Paint alone cost over $12,000. All new bumpers, handles, lights and trim. Interior is also custom with Acura bucket seats and custom console and stereo system. Most suspension has been replaced and has front/back conitech air ride system. Motor is 10:1 1998 vortech with 750 holly carb and trans is a th350 with shift kit and 2500 stall converter. Factory posi rear and with 3:08 gears. To much chrome and custom modifications to list... great deal it would cost twice as much to build it.

this kinda works better IMO. as this truck will never have the opertunity to be what it once was. i would bet none of the power train tran or rear axle match. where in my case mine most likely does. his frame most likely modified. he has a great looking truck yeap. but the high dollar buyers would pass his for original truck all day. those are the type of people i dealt with on chevelle and elcaminos. my a/c comp and clutch need rebuilt. of course i plan on handling that by sending it out keeping it original. again i am not sending truck out to sell without addressing the minor flaws. to make mne original i would need to add white paint find body side molding. and stock rims. those 3 things can be done for 1k right. i may do that after i feel out the market at pomona and see what is out there. and i have done fairly well selling classics. maybe socal is a bit more crazy on prices. but keep in mind i havent dealt with the market on 71 chevy swb on a truck of this caliber. so it will be a learning experence.

i will state this thou. if i was to look at making only a couple thousand dollars i would keep it. as i personally wont truely come across this deal agian. for less then 15k. not in socal anyways

what i would like to get out of this thread is information.

especially on that seat cover. as to where i can find it?
and if it is not availble what you would install all vinal or houndstooth?

what area do you think should be addressed? (for presentation)

so far i have remove shell
lose rear bumper
replace seat cover (will be blue no matter what)
fix leaking trans seal
rebuild a/c system

i do appreciate all your opinions.
and if i do sell it at pomona i will let you all know for how much
meaniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #32
jimmydean

Re-badge as well as molding. That might not be as easy as you think. It depends on how well they covered the mounting up. The parts are cheap, it's getting them installed correctly that might be a pain.

Good luck with your project. I would be interested in what it sells for.

Here is an article on a '68 from a few issues back. This is about as clean a truck I have seen short of a showroom.
Link

Dropmember front
Dropmember rear
Corvette discs
Restored raised bed

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=4295210
jimmydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #33
grebus1

Meaniam, I'll try to get you a couple more pics in the next few days. As I said before, I believe you will only be able to get the seatcover from CARS, Inc. I did a great deal of research on this a few years ago and they were the only vendor I found--the original style was important to me as the 2 other seats in my Burb were in excellent condition and I wanted the front to match.

You will need to call or e-mail CARS for info--they don't list this style on their website or in their catalog as it is fairly uncommon (they only make up this style cover when one is ordered). There is another board member I referred to them a few months back with the same style cover--he e-mailed them and they responded promptly. If you've ever heard of Ciadella interiors (specialized in '55-'57 Chevy upholstery), that is the same company now known as CARS.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #34
71chevylowrider

So? you basically got on this site to pick our brains to help you make more money on selling this cool old truck, I think most of us look for good deals on these 67-72 trucks so we can fix them up & enjoy them, not to make a "huge" profit.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #35
EZ4U2C

Meaniam,

Hey put a price on it and wait. Watch ebay people are buying things that are only worth what you what to pay for them. Someone will what that truck no matter what these credits say. People buy sandwiches with images on them for crazy amounts of money. They buy other peoples underwear. So I'm sure someone will give you what you want. Just because some people buy trucks to drive others buy them for investments and we all have to agree that these trucks are a dieing breed and only the ones who look at them as investments will keep them for years to enjoy.
God loved me so much he gave me John 3:16

Buy American and bring our jobs back home.

Trust what you believe in and believe in what you trust.

Don't blame the gun, Blame the person who made you use it!

1970 swb
2002 Harley Davidson Road King Classic
2004 Dodge 4x4
EZ4U2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #36
Sonny

If the truck still had the original paint, trim, and wheels you could possibly get what you are asking from someone who is into restoration. There are still plenty of trucks running around in excellent shape (such as yours) so trying to fetch 20k for it probably won't happen anytime soon. You will be lucky to get 10k for it in it's current condition if you tried to sell it now.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #37
weasel29gm
SLOW BUT SURE,BUT CLOSER

Looks like a nice ride, I agree with Meathead on value. Sellin' these depends on the what a buyer wants. Get all you can and ''never'' tell what you paid,its nobodys business!!! As far askin' questions thats what this things about. Most knows alot more these trucks but I know ''looker'' when I see one. Change the wheels and detail a little you'll get a good price. Good luck!!!
69 C-10, OWNED 35YRS... 350 over 30, 350 Turbo, 3:73 Posi P/S, P/B Black with red and black int. ''LOVE THESE OLD ''TRUCKS.......
weasel29gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #38
meaniam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevylowrider View Post
So? you basically got on this site to pick our brains to help you make more money on selling this cool old truck, I think most of us look for good deals on these 67-72 trucks so we can fix them up & enjoy them, not to make a "huge" profit.
Yeap! that what im asking . my grandfather who just recently passed always had one thing to say to his employees and us. what good is knowledge, if you dont share it with anyone? then he also use to say to us. never train your replacement. I am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible about my truck. so i can help preserve it. and hopefully save it from going further away from original. the more things i can do to make it right. mean the more chances of when my kid or your kid gets older the more accurate this example hopefully will be. besides the buyer that would buy this. would most likely countine the resto. as most people wanting to customize, cut frames, run bags, throw 20 in rims with wild paint jobs usually start out with a less then original truck as it is not important to them. and they plan on redoing everything there own way. ( and please dont think im saying anything bad about customized trucks. i drool over them all the time.)

so please feel free in spreading your knowledge 71 chevy lowrider, everyone could benifit and so will the trucks.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #39
northerngmc

Thumbs up Re: Here is a 20,000 ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaniam View Post

this kinda works better IMO. as this truck will never have the opertunity to be what it once was. i would bet none of the power train tran or rear axle match. where in my case mine most likely does. his frame most likely modified. he has a great looking truck yeap. but the high dollar buyers would pass his for original truck all day. those are the type of people i dealt with on chevelle and elcaminos. my a/c comp and clutch need rebuilt. of course i plan on handling that by sending it out keeping it original. again i am not sending truck out to sell without addressing the minor flaws. to make mne original i would need to add white paint find body side molding. and stock rims. those 3 things can be done for 1k right. i may do that after i feel out the market at pomona and see what is out there. and i have done fairly well selling classics. maybe socal is a bit more crazy on prices. but keep in mind i havent dealt with the market on 71 chevy swb on a truck of this caliber. so it will be a learning experence.

i do appreciate all your opinions.
and if i do sell it at pomona i will let you all know for how much
I do believe that the current market in cars is paying big bucks for originality, survivors, and not for custom vehicles. Take a look at the results from Barrett-Jackson. An original, low mileage, high option, muscle car will bring way more money than a custom one, especially a mild custom. I believe that a mild custom job takes away from the price.

IMHO what your truck is missing is original paint, low mileage, high trim level, and a big block. Yes it is a SWB and that will bring more.

A couple of examples from here on the board.
A 1969 Chev 1/2 ton longbox with less than 10,000 miles, yes that as only 5 digits, was up for sale for around $11,000 and he could not sell it.
A 1971 Chev 1/2 ton Shortbox Cheyenne with a big block and around 100,000 miles on it for $18,000 and it would not sell either. It was a stock looking truck.

It is a really nice truck and I would love to have it, but the current market on such a truck is not $20,000.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #40
northerngmc

A few examples to compare.....

69 Chev 1/2 ton with 25,600 miles asking $10,500
http://206.126.208.75/19022.html

70 GMC 1/2 ton restored with some nice options $9,000

1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne $5900

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #41
AO50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
You will be lucky to get 10k for it in it's current condition if you tried to sell it now.
I didn't read through all the post but that might be close to what he paid or more. If he's looking for $3-10k profit, that's a nice truck though. Good luck with the sale.
AO50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #42
Stroker

I'll throw in my .02. I might be in the minoriy on this but I believe you will find that unlike a muscle car mild customs are what bring the best money for trucks. The trend seems to be trucks that still have the original appearance but have upgraded stance, brakes, suspension, and drivetrains are the ones fetching the most money. My guess is that the buyer of the truck will most likely be looking at it as a good rust free starting point for their next project. The fact that it is original will have some value to them mostly because they know what they are starting with not because they plan to keep it numbers matching. For that reason I think a value of 8K-12K is probably realistic. I don't think that there is a lot of collector interest in trucks at this time. Most of the people that are interested in trucks and willing to shell out $$$$ for trucks are looking for a hot rod or street rod not a stock restoration. IMO if the truck was bagged and setting on 18- 20" TQII with truck buckets, sport bumper,disks and OD Tranny it might get you in the 15K-20K range.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #43
hvychve
To The Levy

Take it to pamona and put your price tag on it, what are you gonna lose, but the cost of entry, think of it this way, all the glotting and compliments will outway the entrance fee, you never know, you may find someone who is looking for just that . but MY OPINION only, I hate the wheels,shell, rear bumper. throw you a blade bumper on the rear, Longhorn had a good idea with the wheels , if you are selling the truck, dont spend alot of money on high dollar wheels just to sell it ,throw some painted steel wheels w/rally caps and out beauty rings or find some stockers, my opinion on the model would vary, if the carpet was so worn out that someone replaced it with a rubber mat, than its not a cst/ or a cheyenne, but check your sheet. if it had upper and lower molding , it probably had white top and white between the moldings, however if it only had lower molding , may have only had white top.
Does it have tilt? tach? I would deffinately fix the a/c, oil leaks, and looks like thermostate hsg. may have been leaking, where is the 3/8" hose from the front of carb going to, it looks like it runs along the back of the a/c compressor to where .........? sure wraps around, that could be cleaned up also. My opinion,,, its a nice ride, I would love to have a short box half ton, and I am sure there are alot of people would too, but thats alot of money for what I can see it needs. I may be wrong , but I have fixed and sold many 67-72 p/u's and have a pretty good idea what they go for or bring in. depends on how much more money you want to drop into it, than again , now you are tapping into profits.... good luck
hvychve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #44
special-K
Special Order

CustomDeluxes came with a rubber mat.That is not a CST or a Cheyenne.They came with the tailgate band and no lower tailgate trim(and visa-versa).I think C.A.R.S. is your best bet on the seat cover.I could give you two sources I know for vintage factory fabric.But,that route would be way expensive.You`d have to buy a decent quality repro cover,order the fabric(@$89/yard+/-),then pay for the custom stitching.Prolly get you in the $500 range.

Tim

Old 02-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #45
70gmcjimmy
GMCDAC

Thats a sweet lil pickup! I know that if I had it a "bond" would already be established and not for sale mentality would take over! Those wheels or some nice original GM ones would work for me. I'd use the topper when I needed it and take it off when I dont. I definitely wouldnt lower it. Obviously I'm sayin I'd drive the heck out of it and not be afraid to haul some stuff! Even at $20,000 its cooler and cheaper than a new truck. Cant help you on the real value as buying and selling aint my bag. These trucks aint for profit to me, they are what I want to drive.

The fan shroud is missing and should be replaced also. If someone else said that already and I missed it, sorry bout the repeat!!

Great truck!----DAC

Rest In Peace Mom. "Dolly" 7/15/23 - 5/18/09
GMC driver for 30 years!

70gmcjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #46
KFreddy

Try 1969 LeMans Blue...

-Fred
KFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #47
grebus1

Here are some CARS seatcover pics. The 3rd pic is actually the middle seat in my Burb--I couldn't get far enough away from the front seat to get this perspective. The upholstery all matches though.
Attached Images

Last edited by grebus1; 02-16-2007 at 07:17 PM.
grebus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #48
craig24671

Cool Re: better then a barn yard find

Keep the truck dude. too nice to sell. Put some add ons and you will fall in love with it. I Say ditch the topper. and put some nice tt2's for wheels. put a nice chrome bumper on it
craig24671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #49
meaniam

Quote:
Originally Posted by grebus1 View Post
Here are some CARS seatcover pics. The 3rd pic is actually the middle seat in my Burb--I couldn't get far enough away from the front seat to get this perspective. The upholstery all matches though.
that is the exact seat right there