The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Marty Gable
Still working on the COE

Smile Picked as a winner.....

Wow!! im so surprised, its been quite a while since I have been on the site!! I would love to thank everyone that voted for my pickup.... ya know its always a true honor when others like or see the same things that you do in your hobby.... Im kind of at a loss for words... but still want to say thank you for the honor!!! any questions on help with these pickups... please ask... I have owned and built mine for over 20 years and have built 2 others and currently working on one for my daughter (late model s-10 chassis with a fuelie 4.3 in it) and my COE stretching it 5' will be running a new 6.0 and 6spd trans for pulling my 5th wheel....

Thanks!!
Marty
Attached Images

Marty Gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Re: Picked as a winner.....

Beautiful truck!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
Marty Gable
Still working on the COE

Thanks for the compliments Krue! Its a driver we have close to 100,000 miles on it now! (since the rebuild 20+ yrs ago) Our last "long" trip was to Louisville, Ky about 3000 miles round trip. We were blessed with getting picked for an award there (NSRA Street Rod Nationals) for the Northwest Region. They gave out a total of 43 awards is all... 11,333 cars attended. So thanks again for all the compliments!! we really enjoy driving this!! The air ride suspension has been great and the tunnel rammed 406 preforms great!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Coronas56

Nice truck, nice background, the stanley house.........I know a few rodders from Ft. Collins..........
Coronas56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
kenm78
Broken Down

Extreemly nice trucks may we all be so lucky one day!!!

“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder about your ignorance, than open your mouth and reveal all doubt”
kenm78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #6
CAL 58 GMC

Very nice truck! I love the paint on your truck!!
CAL 58 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Kabwe
Certified Car Nut

Nice truck and Cal58GMC you know your are next to win.
Kabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Marty Gable
Still working on the COE

thanks again for all the complements guys!! dont we all have a great hobby or what!! The sad thing is that the government keeps trying to take it away from us... but hopefully the younger people will want to keep things alive and well and protect the hobby from the govt!! its all in our hands... lets keep it alive!! It's funny, I have had some young people (29 and younger) tell me that they can't afford the hobby and thats why they choose the honda's etc... for those people my comments are that its still good to hold the interest no matter what you drive, but to say that you cant find the older cars and trucks and they cant afford them? well for what they are investing in the rice cars the same holds true for the older ones... its always a give and take as to what your budget allows one to spend... mine has been a very tight buget that has been drawn out many years, but at the same time I did all the work on the truck myself with exceptions to the interior... sorry cant sew!! I guess in short... keep the dreams alive, don't get to frustrated... it will come, and above all HAVE FUN!! its a Hobby!!

Hopefully I haven't ticked off anyone with this... but we have a great hobby!!

Thanks again!! Marty
Old 02-14-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

Congratulations Marty!
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:49 AM   #10
nogaroa4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Gable View Post
thanks again for all the complements guys!! dont we all have a great hobby or what!! The sad thing is that the government keeps trying to take it away from us... but hopefully the younger people will want to keep things alive and well and protect the hobby from the govt!! its all in our hands... lets keep it alive!! It's funny, I have had some young people (29 and younger) tell me that they can't afford the hobby and thats why they choose the honda's etc... for those people my comments are that its still good to hold the interest no matter what you drive, but to say that you cant find the older cars and trucks and they cant afford them? well for what they are investing in the rice cars the same holds true for the older ones... its always a give and take as to what your budget allows one to spend... mine has been a very tight buget that has been drawn out many years, but at the same time I did all the work on the truck myself with exceptions to the interior... sorry cant sew!! I guess in short... keep the dreams alive, don't get to frustrated... it will come, and above all HAVE FUN!! its a Hobby!!

Hopefully I haven't ticked off anyone with this... but we have a great hobby!!

Thanks again!! Marty
I understand what your saying, I'm 21, junior in college ,going into my project truck, and all I ever here on the news is that their finding alternative fuels, and gasoline will be faded out over time, and it makes me think whether or not this project is worth it, or should I save my money now, and look into another hobby. I've already had the newer cars, 94 civic turboed, currenlty have a 99 a4, and I wanted to try someting new and different, but I'm wondering if it will bite me in the long run. All the work will be done between my dad and I, and my budget is only around 7500 over the course of the project (a year or two). So hopefully it proves worth while.
nogaroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
Marty Gable
Still working on the COE

Trust me on this one, any quality time that you get to work on the project between you and your dad is priceless!! I'ts going to be something that you will never forget and acheive the greatest gift of all... the gift of what the project outcome will be and the fact that it is time well spent with your dad! I only wish I could of had the same thing happen with my father, I ended up building the truck for him with no help and he doesnt drive it... eventually it will come back to me when that sad time is here, but I dont look at it that way. I am building a truck with my 19 yr old daughter though, if and when she shows up to help, seems to be me more then her but at least there is some time spent.... so I guess thats why I made the comments about the time with your father. As far as the money is concerned, you will be surprised on how much you can do yourself and save the money for what you really want. You dont have to spend a fortune to have a great truck!! besides you dont have to impress anyone other then yourself!! Keep smiling and good luck on the project... keep us updated on it! im sure others will enjoy seeing it also!!

Marty
Old 02-15-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Nice looking truck Marty.
I just love it when the young kids come over and ask questions about my truck. I hope they will try to get into the hobby.
Brian ..

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #13
Sweet&LowPro55

Thumbs up Re: Picked as a winner.....

..That truck ROCKS !!!! What a super nice
paint job.Can't belive its a dailey driver with that
many miles !! You have taken VERY good care of
that truck !!
~ '92 Camaro RS 25TH.Limited Edition Aniv.Convert.
~ '98 Dodge Ram Van 5.7 Litre
~ '98 E-Z-GO Golf Car ..Tony Stewart Edition
!! '69 Camaro SS..SOLD .. Still crying !!
Sweet&LowPro55 is offline   Reply With Quote