The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 AM   #26
Mickey_D
Dirteh Kitteh

Re: what's your ball and chain think?

I thought you Texans didn't get snow.....

1955 Willys CJ-5 all original and the oldest CJ-5 on the road.
2001 Dodge Neon (wife's car)
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition SOLD
1981 K15 Custom Deluxe 4X4, rusty but trusty wood hauler. SOLD
1993 S-10 4X4 Tahoe SOLD

RIP ESLL
Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:23 AM   #27
cliffsta
Stepsides RULE

I don't have a wife/girlfriend, but a gentleman's wife is currently keeping him from buying the red truck and all my parts Hopefully he can sweettalk her

I know the family wasn't too thrilled when I drug the brown truck home, though.
2009 Kawasaki KLX-250S too many mods for this signature
1999 Honda Accord EX 4-cylinder, 17" Motegi Wheels 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, KYB GR2 shocks, Acura TL 20mm rear swaybar, debadged, blackhoused headlights, Short-Ram Intake
Cardomain of the Accord
cliffsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 AM   #28
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Mine says buy me a new car every two years and I won’t give you too much crap about your old money pits. She has gone through…..02’ VW Turbo Beatle, ’02 Hoe Z71 , ‘04 Hoe Z71 (my new daily driver), ‘06 Poncho G6 GTP, and most likely a ‘08 Poncho G8 next.

She works hard too and we have no kids so what the heck……..
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:33 AM   #29
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Mine doesn't care. There was a time when she enjoyed hotrods as much as me. Now she has other priorities, but doesnt care what I do with my time. She has been dealing with my obsession for almost 30 years now. I guess she has grown used to it.

She did tell me I had to sell something before I bought another one...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-21-2007 at 08:32 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #30
84Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick69 View Post
I'm one of the lucky ones I guess,,,, found a good wife the first try!
You are a lucky man,I've been married and divorced 3 times! All three was OK with it till we got married.....then it was stupid I've not given up hope,just put it aside for now i got a truck to finish.
91 Gmc Sierra daily driver
84Custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:49 AM   #31
84 400
Sb 400 club

Clifsta i see you got your new "ride" Hope it gives you a long hassel free years of servace.

I am kinda in the same setup as Clifsta. I am going to school and still live at home when not there. I used to get alot of flack for her not having a spot for her to park her car in the garAge. BUT EVERY TIME I CLEANED UP HER SPOT SHE WOULD NOT USE IT!! SO I GAVE UP CLEANING IT Now my dad bought a convertible so her car really has no spot inside. The thing i get hasseled about is buying "projects" she really does not want me to have more then one automobile at a time. so for a while i had my 84 and that was it then i got more into tractors and bought the Wheel Horse to go along with the old CASE. That worked for a while but now I want somthing to mess around with. So my dad and i have been on the hunt. Enter the 41 plymouth truck. Now we really have not talked to her about it yet but i know what she will say "sell the black one first" But my dad knows now that i will never sell it unless someone got sick and we needed money or somthing. So it is gonna take a lot of work for my dad and i to get her to give us the permission to buy the plymouth. Will see how that goes................
1980 Corvette L-48 4 speed
1992 Mustang GT built 5.0 5 speed

1985 C10 LWB Sold
1982 K10 SWB plow truck Parted out
1986 D30 M1028 fire brush truck Parted out
84 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:02 AM   #32
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

my ex hated it,,this one im shacked up with now doesnt say much,,and if she does i will trow her butt out in a snow bank. .ive put up with er eating for 8 yrs,,and her kids to..so id say i can do about what i want........
Old 02-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #33
84slopwaggin

Well I'm going on ten years married. My ole lady doesn't say anything at all about any of my spending habits. She does wonder why I haven't finished my engine swap yet on my 84 GMC, but yet I've bought the 85 lwb. I'm sinking money into it as I type, well both actually. She does come outside and check on me while I work on my trucks. She actually did some spotter work while I was under the lwb installing the headers. Afterwards she said she'd actually help if she knew what she was doing. Half the time I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm still doing it.
84slopwaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #34
xtreme80
Wishin' I had more money!

My ex used to love it. She helped me with my old bagged truck, she helped me rebuilt the top end in my 80 C10, she helped me rebuild my carb when that started leaking... she loved it and wanted an old C10 like mine.

Why I let that one get away I'll never know...
xtreme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #35
tom coop

my wiff hates the time and $$$ i spend on my $ pit. she hates it sittin in the yard and wants it done or gone. i love her but i love my truck too. i wish i was as lucky as some of you other guys
tom coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #36
bigtruck81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87 STEPPER View Post
My Some times she gets jealous of the truck and says you spend more time with that "Black *****" thats what she calls the Truck than you do with me.
ditched more than one girl for that exact reason. my trucks are my life (since i dont have kids), and that's not really going to change anytime soon. im up front with them right from the get go. wanna ***** about it? you knew what i did coming into the relationship, so its your fault. i dont drink heavily, dont frequent gentlemen's clubs, no illegal substances, and no real trouble of any kind, so i think its a pretty good tradeoff. if only i could quit smoking... ah well, i guess you gotta do something thats bad for you.
bigtruck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #37
wklink

My wife tolerates my hobby. Although my truck is more for utilitarian purposes than for showing off I have my hobbies in other types of cars. The truck will get redone but not like some of you guys.

She does have her limits though. I collect old Thunderbirds and she drew the line at a 63 Convertible I almost bought this week. She actually gave me permission but it was one of those permissions where I knew that if I really bought the thing there would be some extended hell to pay. It wasn't worth the hassle.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:59 AM   #38
velsuk

In my region there are about 10 car enthusiasts out of 10000 people. Majority of them are tuning- freaks. So I am happy to have a wife who thinks that a man needs a thing of his own and wife, too. She has always backed me up, even if my own fate has dropped during tough projects. In addition I am willing to walk behind her shopping now and then. My trucks usually are driveable in summertime, so she can ride them, too. If I would sell my american truck, she would be the first to surf the net after a new project for me.
velsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #39
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Well, lets say the wife dose not know what I put into $$$$ the play toys. She thinks I make allot less then I do. I have put that money at a different Bank for years. So she know nothing about what I spend on toys. I just tell her honey they needed money bad and I got it cheep.

Maybe one day that will change!!
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #40
Gary

As long as the mortgage is paid and the CAR PAYMENT on her car (the only car payment we have) is made, she don't care

85's in the shop right now getting a dual plane intake installed (so the little bitty Edelbrock 750 doesn't get so bent out of shape) and a 3.73 posi installed, hello $1400 bill for repairs/parts. Can't wait for warmer weather so I don't need choke so bad, the Holley and single plane will go back on and LOOK OUT!
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:00 AM   #41
PhilaTruck
Right on the line, baby!

Interesting thread idea- My wife would be pretty PO'd at being called the old ball & chain. (We both have our moments.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
the ex hated it all things with motors especially if i liked them
Well Bob, seems like you made a good trade up. Congrats! So did I.

The truck? My wife's pretty cool about it. She likes cars, motors, etc. F'r instance, when I replaced the exhaust manifolds and ran it with open headers (for a few minutes), the family came around the corner to stand and grin at all the noise. (We live in center city Philadelphia.) My youngest daughter (5 yrs) likes it because she thinks it's fast. Bless her heart, if she only knew.

My wife just doesn't want to be surprised by any bills, so I tell her ahead of time.

Lemme tell ya- shortly after I got it, I took my wife to a bridal shower or something like it. It was at a 4-star hotel. Valet parking. I rumbled into the roundabout in this POS lookin' truck. She get's out dressed to the nines, laughin her you-know-what off. Valets coming up like I want them to park this thing.

She likes to go fast, too. I bought her a 97 528 & she complained about this whistling noise. I took it out to try to hear what she was talking about. Okay, it starts whistling at 90 mph. (loose piece of window molding.) I told her to slow down, it won't whistle anymore.

My wife's cool. I know from past experience and appreciate her every freakin day I'm alive.

Click and scroll down for site vendors!

Subscribe here!
PhilaTruck is offline   Reply With Quote