The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
72step

New Speed Demon Runs Great, Slight Problem?

Well I got my 650 Speed Demon in last week from Jegs, and put it in over the weekend. This morning I dialed it in and man does it run good. Took the truck out for a long 30 mile run and it ran great. I'm suprised at this carb as it seems to use less gas especially when you're not getting into those secondaries. Anyway, I've noticed that it leaks a slight bit of fuel out of the secondary accelerator pump where the pump linkage goes into the carb. It's not pouring out, just enough to make my garage smell like gas, then I stuck my hand where that pump linkage goes in, and I got some gas on my fingers, so I took it off, and now I'm getting ready to call Demon tomorrow. Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this slight fuel leak besides a defect? I'm running a Edelbrock performer RPM intake and the clearance on the back where that accelerator pump linkage sits, is real close. Would that have to do anything with it? Who knows, any input is appreciated.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
cableguy0

Re: New Speed Demon Runs Great, Slight Problem?

sounds like a bad accel pump diaphram. i have seen them be bad out of the box nothing to worry about just get another one only a few bucks.i dunno if it would even be worth the wait to get one from demon i would just go get one myself
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
72step

Are they cheap? How hard are they to install? I'd assume it's just remove those 4 phillips screws and there it is right? I'll just call Demon no matter if they take a while, I'd have to order the part anyway as here in NM there's only one BG dealer, and he's pretty worthless anyway. Maybe BG will just ship me the part right away no questions and I can get it in next weekend.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #4
cableguy0

yea just those 4 screws. shouldnt be more than a couple dollars for the diaphram
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote