The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-18-2002, 03:04 PM   #1
CustomChevy

Exclamation Salesco Alert

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SALESCO!

CLASSIC BAIT AND SWITCH COMPANY, BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU HAS BIG FILE ON THEM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THEM!!!!!!!
CustomChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 03:09 PM   #2
PHOENIX

Swervin Ervin bought some seats from them and he got them. They did take longer then they said thought, but he was very happy with his seats.

What happened to you?
Old 11-18-2002, 03:14 PM   #3
BigRed

Yeah, give us some specifics. I've heard both good and bad about this company. What is your personal experience?
Old 11-18-2002, 03:34 PM   #4
78SilveradoSWB

Question

Like more information about them. Are you conveying a personal experience from them?
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 04:06 PM   #5
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Personally, I bought my bucket seats from them. It took me 7 weeks to get them, and this was with many calls. I finally got to talk to someone at Salesco that knew what to do. The seats are not built by Salesco, but a company called Eurotec. This was the problem, not Salesco.

I am well satisfied with the seats. Would I do it again? Maybe. I say maybe just for the fact it took Eurotec 7 weeks to get them to me. Not because of anything Salesco did.

One thing I didn't like about Salesco. They charged my card as soon as I give them the order. I asked and they said this was their policy. In my opinion, it should have never been charged until they were shipped to me. I guess since they were dropped shipped is the reason.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 05:31 PM   #6
BigRed

Link to BBB for Salesco

Here's a link that was posted on the OTHER forum.

http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.e...ID=6&hAddrID=6
Old 11-18-2002, 05:44 PM   #7
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Well, after reading this, and going by what I had to go through to get my seats, I would advise anyone thinking about buying from them to steer clear. Like I said, I got what I paid for. The service sucked big time though.

Mike
Old 11-18-2002, 06:59 PM   #8
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

salesco

ok youve convinced me there are waay too many mail order places to order from than to get involved with this place

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #9
CustomChevy

personal experience

this is from personal experience plus what the Better Business Bureau report says about them and the lawsuits that came from them having poor business practices with extremely delayed shipments, bait and switch, etc.

i am still trying to get my money back from incorrect order.

PS www.bbb.org will get you to the Bureau, look up salesco in San Dimas, CA.
CustomChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 11:49 PM   #10
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

That is awful. Especially with a few other people here looking for those seats to go in their trucks. I also have seen them selling their seats on Ebay.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 12:42 AM   #11
78SilveradoSWB

Thanks for the Salesco warning, saved a lot of us some grief and good luck in getting your money back. Wonder how it will work? You sending the seats back and they hold on to your money and send your money back at their leisure or some other arrangement can be done?
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:57 AM   #12
PHOENIX

why dont you people just pay with a credit card. If you dont get the items as promised when promised call Saleco and your credit card company. They except credit cards and they have been in business for awhile. If you have a problem your credit card company will refuse to pay. Even if they already paid them. Being a company that excepts credit cards can be a problem. Credit card companies will sometimes deduct the amount and never contact the business for their half of the story. I know a few busniess owners that had that same problem.

They dont seem to run a very smooth business though.

Is Eurotech owner or operated by Salesco? Can the seats be bought directly through Eurotech? I had them send me some samples. They sent them very fast two different times. They both came with a business card and a return address to Eurotech. Just wondering what you guys know. Maybe buying direct is possible and better for those seats.

I really like some of their seats and I might try buying from them in the future just because of their prices. I dont want to pay twice as much for the same thing from somewhere else. Anyone know who else makes seats like these for those prices?
Old 11-19-2002, 12:35 PM   #13
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Eddie I'm not sure. I don't think Eurotec is owned by Salesco. All I know is they are in California, same as Salesco. I don't think Eurotec doesn't sell to the public, strictly through jobbers. I may be wrong though.

In my situation, Eurotec was the problem. They are nothing but a bunch of liers. The so called supervisor was the biggest one. He really pissed me off several times. I really felt sorry for the girl they had answering the phone. She told me more than one time it was out of her hands and knew exactly how I felt. She would apologize over and over to me.

The trouble was they were flat out covered up with seat orders from Salesco, and badly understaffed to build them quick enough. But this still is no excuse for telling me a lie. I'm one who will put up with a lot of stuff, as long as you tell me the truth. Lie to me and I won't wouldn't give you hot air in a jug.

What ticked me off about Salesco is when I first called to order my seats, the guy who took my order told me it would be 10 to 14 days. His very words. I think he meant to say weeks instead of days though.

Then when I called back after two weeks to ask about them, they gave me the run around and said I would need to call the company who actually was building them, Eurotec. Gave me their number. This struck me as real strange in the first place. What place has you call their supplier to check on a order? They usually do it for you, right?

It was a big joke. After a month and a half, I called back to Salesco and complained big time. They finally gave me a lady who was in charge of customer service. Told her my problem. She said, let me make a call, and I will call you back. She did and I had my seats in a week from California. She explained the part about Salesco had Eurotec covered up with seat orders, but it was no excuse to take this long.

Eddie, only advise I can give you is, use your own best judgement. Now that I've read the BBB report on them, no way in hell would I buy from them again. I know credit card orders are the way to go. I always use one. But, have you ever had to send something back? It isn't free. And, the credit card company won't refund your shipping costs. You'll be out the return shipping. Not counting the aggrevation of sending everything back. It's not as easy as it sounds either. Then in the long run, you still don't have any seats.

I count myself lucky after this thread. I only thought I had a bad experience. Least I did get what I ordered, if it did take 7 weeks to get them.

Mike
Old 11-19-2002, 01:59 PM   #14
PHOENIX

I hear ya.
I dont understand how people can start a business and have a good thing going just to screw it up with something like customer service and not providing what you promise. What is wrong with people?