The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #26
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Check out my new toy

i wanna see ya crank it up with shorty headers, no radiator, no safety clamps, and the retainer pin out of the swivel...now that would be cool,

Oh and me watching it on video...not standing in the garage.

Last edited by CG; 03-04-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #27
RetroSBK

"Any thing you pull out of a box that says made in China needs to be re-designed , you have to replace all the corners they cut."

Guess you dont have any parts made in china...

They build the parts as well or as bad as you tell them too... We have our CNC parts made here in the US, bust all of our cast or resin molded bits made in China... Labor is cheap there... Dont expect them to engineer the parts for you, but make them they do awesome./..

To the tread, That was INSANE!!! Totally awesome, totally crazy... Id never try it!!! And if the bolts are only grade 5 hardwear store junk, you still have a HUGE saftey margin. No worries there... But dont ever ask me to drive my truck or work on it, you are F'n crazy!

Way to go!!!

Will
1970 C10, shortened long bed, Alum Headed full roller 383 (with Victor, 750DP, stainless rockers, behive springs, CNC ported heads) TCI SSF 700R4, 4.10 Posi, Bagged on C-Notch and 2.5 spindles. Air Cond, black out tint, satin black paint, custom interior, rolling low and not so slow...
Old 03-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #28
Richard H.
Spanked once

"1970 C10, Alum Headed full roller 383, 700R4, 4.10 Posi, 5"drop front, Bagged rear, Air Cond, Flat Black paint, blah blah blah... , Daily Driver and shop truck! Yeah Baby!" Will I need to talk AC with you. So far the holes in my alum heads don't seem to be right, did you have problems?
I may be crazy but are not stupid
Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #29
spdrcr29

Awww, cmon Richard! You call that a motor? Geez, you can do better than that. Just go 'head and send it up here to Michigan, i'll take care of it. I won't even make you pay the shipping. See, I'm just looking out for your best interest, and the next one you build will be better anyway!

Seriously though, you did a good job. As for the safety thing, lots of us have done things as/more dangerous. Heck, I think some of mine even got put on that Youtube site by friends.

"I'd rather be lucky than skillful. They list your skills in your obituary, but I've never seen an obituary calling some guy lucky."

Last edited by spdrcr29; 03-05-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #30
krue
Designated A-hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard H. View Post
Close the thread.
Ask and ye shall receive.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Closed Thread