The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
trkklr77
Account Suspended

Location: vacaville ca, because it as far from indy as i can be
what did you gat done this weekend?

i didnt see a 67-72 thread so here is one to boast in.

ive been really really busy the last few weekends with the short truck.

on feb 16th i pulled out the bbc and ripped it apart to find a few surprizes.
it was blowing the head gasket i just replaced and i found out it was blowing the 2-4 as well!!! nice. my timing chain was hanging off the lower gear, nice.

any ways i dropped my refreshed 049 heads on, stabbed a .528-.528 cam in and then had to drive 60 to get a freaking timing chain, could not even get a stock one. got that on and lined everything back up and dropped the motor back in, every thing was going good, so i thought. primed and fired and with in 25min i had multiple lobe flattend cam

parked the truck, threw my wrenches and went and sulked for a couple of days.

feb 23 i ordered a new voodoo cam and the whole nine yards. didnt come in time so that weekend was pretty well wasted

stuff did show up on monday so i was happy.

now for this weekend, i pushed the shorty into the drive way and started the dissmantle, pulled the front off the motor and yanked cam. stuffed the voodoo in and started to change the springs, till i found out that the bar style spring compresser not only doesnt work worth a **** but i cant change half the springs because it wont clear the heater box or the master cylinder, yeah!

so i pull the motor and tried for another hour, i got one off but the new ones werent going to go back on. i got a buddy to pick up a jaw style compressor and that was the ticket!!!! just crank em down, slide it over the valve, keepers, un crank. had them all done in about 40 min. once that was done the easy stuff is all that was left.

my buddies stuck around and helped drop the motor back in and with the complete hook up and break in, im glad they did too. cranked to get fuel, hook the coil back up and it fired E-freakin-mediatly!! hells yeahs!!!!

i got in this morning and drove around all day just to hear it run and show it off. i cant wait to start jumping on it and laying rubber down, im gona lose my license, AGAIN!!!!!

edit, almost forgot, while showing off one of my buddies practicaly gave me a set of roller rockers and medium hieght valve covers Ka-ching!!!! score and a half.

Last edited by trkklr77; 03-05-2007 at 12:41 AM.
trkklr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 AM   #2
ks147j111928
ASE Certified Spoon Operator

Re: what did you gat done this weekend?

Finally got that 4.10 posi out from the parts truck, took good bed off, got wheels on closed knuckle axle (so much easier to move), tossed a bunch of junk, put together laundry list of "to do" and enjoyed the good weather-FINALLY!!

Before...
Name:  aPOSI 002.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  51.2 KB

POSI POSI POSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Name:  aPOSI 006.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  39.6 KB

"To Do", not too much, right?
Name:  aPOSI 012.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  21.5 KB

After. Yard sale, anyone?
Name:  aPOSI 003.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  48.5 KB
85 4Runner, the wheeler on 38s
92 x-cab truggy project for 2017... tons and 42s and V8 power
ks147j111928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:05 AM   #3
skokie

I put my motor back in my 68. Just came back in from installing the balancer.

68 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=223234
skokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
DangerBoy

I changed my oil and washed my truck. Yup some real post worthy things. Oh well it was the first weekend I've had in a while to do anything. Maybe next weekend the electric fan and relay box will go in.
DangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
kxnomore

turned the first into the second two. At least it looks presentable.
Attached Images

kxnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 AM   #6
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

drove my '71 C20 across town for the first time since I got it running. Couldn't get over 25mph, though, since the tires are square. Can't believe how hard it is to find 16.5 tires. I put some new tires and wheels on the ramp truck too.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #7
Botietruck
'71 chevy s.bed/s.side

How 'bout last weekend. sigsaurguy, my son, had a miss in his '71/350. We checked it out and what I feared we confirmed...bad cam! He pulled the front off the engine last Saturday and cleaned everything up while I worked on a baby cradle for his soon to be born/any day now, son. He picked up a cam, lifters and gaskets and we started putting it back together on Sunday. With the garage being full of woodworking equipment, everything was done outside. As soon as we started, it started sprinkling rain. We threw up a tarp across the hood and a swingset frame and carried on. The wind picked up and the rain came down in buckets, but we finished it. We didn't get wet. ( I've had a garage for the past 20 years, and before that, I spent my time working in the elements...boy, I do not miss that!) Sure runs alot better now. He brought it over Friday night and we finished the fine tuning/timing, etc. Sounds great. He went with a little more cam than stock, but not enough to make a radical change. BTW, Intake lobes on No. 4 & 6 were just about rounded off.
Botietruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:50 AM   #8
70396CST10

Replaced the broke rear brake line (the long one) on my 70 C10 and tried bleeding my brakes to fix the hardly any brakes problem.. Well, I went from hardly any brakes with a hard pedal to no brakes with a pedal that goes to the floor... When I first started bleeding the brakes I was getting fluid to the brake and now I'm not getting any fluid back there.. But the pedal is nice and soft like the prop. valve is working right.. Oh well, I put it back in the garage and gave up..

Thanks..

James..
70396CST10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
arkracing
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkklr77 View Post
i didnt see a 67-72 thread so here is one to boast in.
oops. - a couple of us posted in last weeks thread - which was started on Tuesday the 27th

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=229285
-'69 Chevy C30 Mason Dump

-'33Ford P/U 396ChevyPowered
arkracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #10
bobthecop

Got new carpet in the whole house, lowes delivered the wrong carpet on friday, sat morn the carpet layers were coming at 9:30, got the new correct carpet delivered by 8:30, had to move all furniture out of the house, carpet got laid, furniture moved back in( with lots of help) sat evening the dishwasher started to leak, sun instaslled new dishwasher. I'm tired.
1969 c10 parts truck
1969 C-10 ( my sons)
1992 Silverado 4X4 (now the boys truck)(now mine again)
2002 Tarus (my wife loves that car)

Last edited by bobthecop; 03-05-2007 at 12:16 PM.
bobthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #11
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Saturday was a great day! Went and cut wood with a buddy all afternoon. We had his car trailer fully loaded and I got a nice amount on my flatbed too.

Sunday was a great day also! A friend came over around 1:30 pm and we set out to install the 400 sbc in my 70 K5 that I have yet to drive although I have owned it for 3 years now.

We first yanked the front axle that was only sitting in place. That allowed us to drop the front end down. Then got to fight the motor into place. Took a bit of urging to finally get the motor lined up and the input splines to mate with the clutch - but we got it done!

Hopefully will get some free evenings this week so I can get the motor install complete and fire it up.

After my friend left I got the front axle reinstalled and then went and unloaded a load of wood from my 69 K20.

Now I need to make a list of what I need to do to get it done - can see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure!

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 03-05-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote