The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
kombreeze

EZ wiring?

Ok I've looking at the EZ wiring sight and I notice that their harness are cheaper on ebay. However my question is How much of a difference is it from the mini to the standard 21 circuit harness. Has anyone used the minis for any of their projects and what am I gaining or loosing for using it. Any experience or heard froms would be very much appreciated. Besides is the 21 circuit standard fusies worth the extra 50 bucks. Both say they are wired enough for a long bed I have a shortbed 68
2006 Toyo Camry
Soon 69 Firebird 400 Convertible I'm getting it back
Soon Trailblazer or 4 Runner
kombreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Hooker
aka TEX-TOY

Re: EZ wiring?

I have used both EZ and Painless... I would go with the painless... much better system and easier to understand

BRAND NEW WIFE BOUGHT IT FOR ME AS A WEDDING GIFT!!! SHE IS THE BOMB!!!!!!
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
jorgensensc

I have a little different opinion. I have used EZ both regular 21 circuit (in the '56 Bel Air) and I have the mini also (for the '66 Midget) The Belair went in pretty easy. Take some time to group your wires in the sections you want them in (they already have them prebundled in what they think is best), read the wires and run them. I ran all the wires, even the ones I didn't need like power windows, locks, trunk light, electric fuel pump. I can always upgrade later and already hev the lines in place. Solder on your old connectors of they are still good, if not change them to new ones. I just can't see spending the money on thise crazy Painless kits. THey are just way to expensive in my mind. THe mini kit only has smaller blade fuses if I recall correctly, but don't quote me. JMHO.
SHawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
SactoJim

If I remember, it seems to go all new factory wiring, your looking at around $700 +/-. Painless is in the 3-400 range. I paid only $100 bucks at a local Rod show for my EZ kit and I've looked it over pretty well and it seems to be good quality. The EZ is probably a little less "plug & play" than the others but it's worth the savings in my opinion.

Probably should save my final opinion after it's installed and hopefully working!
- 4 wheel discs
- relocated fuel tank
-

My Build Thread

Last edited by SactoJim; 03-07-2007 at 08:38 PM.
SactoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #5
BowTieOgre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
I have used both EZ and Painless... I would go with the painless... much better system and easier to understand
Easier to understand? The EZ harness is labeled every few inches and comes with a diagram. Micheal J Fox could install it blindfolded.....too soon? Anyway, his question wasnt "EZ or Painless" it was which EZ kit to get.

I got the 21 circuit because I have an electric fuel pump and wanted provisions for elec windows, locks, stereo, etc. but if you dont think you will be upgrading save yourself the $30 and go with the mini. But just think, if you EVER want to put in said upgrades youre going to kick yourself for not buying the 21 circuit.

Last edited by BowTieOgre; 03-07-2007 at 09:43 PM.
BowTieOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 PM   #6
Shane
Account Suspended

I agree with BowTieOgre ... bigger is better if nothing more than for the future availability of the added circuits.

I bought a EZ2Wire 26 circuit kit (different than EZ Wire) off ebay. EVERY wire is marked and it is on the same quality level as the Painless kits, but without the ends terminated. Which is why I DIDN'T go with Painless. I am running all my wire hidden and the longer wires in the EZ2Wire kit made this doable ... where as the Painless kit already had the ends terminated, so you had to run it pretty close to where the stock wires would have run.

I am quite pleased with my decision.

Here's a link to a 22 circuit kit from the guy I bought mine from.

EZ2Wire 22 circuit.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote