The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

well found out whats wrong with my back

went to the doctors last week..first tiem i saw him he told me it was my fault i was hurt, because i got previouse back injury, but still doing construction. told me i was lyeing, and faking it, but he sent me for and mri anyway..i didnt go back to see him,, it took them 3 weeks to realize, iwasnt goingt o call him anythign polite,lol
so when he looks at the mri, he was all nice to me,, and started showing me what was wrong. got 1 ruptured disk, and one that he doesnt know what is wrong with it. feels nice to know i was right,,but would rather be healthy. so now i got to go the rounds with workers comp and get a second opion, then schedule sugery..alot of people say dont do the surgery, but this time i am going to do it..took me 3 yrs to get over the first injury, and was never right after it. so cut me...anyway look like its going to be along spring or summer..have had people tell me it took them 2 yrs or more just to get the surgery, thats why you hire a lawyer,, dont have as much hassles...

does anybody on here live in or around slat lake city utah, and worlk on your own trucks...
need soem help on my 84 gmc, and cant bend over the hood like i need to..
billy
Old 03-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: well found out whats wrong with my back

be very careful with the surgery i have four friends ( and myself) who were suppoused to do back surgery for discs and three of those four who had it are as bad or worse off than before... the one guy saw SOME improvement but is still in pain.. me i never had it went with chiropractic therapy and deep tissue massages and im pretty ok although i still have pain sometimes... they have some new treatment that deals with stretching the spine to make the discs go back to normal maybe try that first?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

im hearing alt fo reasons not to do surgery, but i let it heal on its own the first tiem 10 yrs ago, i have never been right since, always got pain,, so this time the can operate.. if things go wrong, well at least theres a reason..
Old 03-04-2007, 07:59 AM   #4
manimal

In march of '05 I was carrying a 60lb ductile iron pipe fitting and stepped in a hole.The end result was 2 crushed discs L4-L5,L5-S1. They want to do surgery,but not going to let them cut on me-NO WAY! Have you tried a chiropractor? Have they offered Epaduaral injections?(dont know if I spelled that right).I know my limits now and try not to over do it. GOOD LUCK!!
1999 Suburban K2500, 7.4, 4L80e
1980 Camaro..son's car...PROJECT
manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
6T8

Been on workmans comp for 8 months finally settled but still haven't received a check. They should call it workmans chump. Definitely get a lawyer! No surgery, check out DRX 9000 website.See if a doctor in your area has one. It is computerized traction. Opens up vertebra to allow herniated disc. I had three herniated discs and degenerated discs in back and neck.Even qualify for social security disabilty.Case nurse is not your friend, goo luck.Rick
6T8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
boatpuller

i've been off work since september.i got operated on at the end of october.my L4 disc had a big piece break off and push against the nerve that controls my left leg.i'm still on pain meds,and a new one for the nerve.i didn't have much choice on surgery.although its better my back still hurt's and is stiff.6T8 turned on the light bulb in my head.i'll have to give my buddy i grew up with a call,he's a lawyer
Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

i agree workers comp is not your friend..learned that the first time around,,and had a lawyer that time..this time i just been waiting to see what is goin on before i hire one. i have already told workers comp case worker to kiss my ass,, and where to go and how to get there.. i told her i have her damned address and if she losses my paper work one more time im going to hand deliver them since they cant get there heads out of there butts..,,also told them they had better start sending me a pay check...aftert his call 3 days later i got a paycheck for the first month i was off...

i hate dealing with these idoits,, and get mad that they treat me like im the bad guy,,and this time they are doing everything they can to blame this on my first injury,,hello was 10 yrs ago...
as far as the allof the other treatments,, iwent through every thing you can think of the first time,,took me 3 yrs to get over injury,,and never got back to normal..and the more i let them do,,the more problems i had...so this time,,open me up...hell my life is poretty much crap and cant do the stuff i used to befroe this one,,so if im lucky,,i wont wake up from the surgery....yeah yeah,,i know,,dont think like that..but ive had 10 yrs of watching my life go down the crapper,,and dont really like the looks of the next 10 to 50..stupid doctors,,if i was a horse,,they would put me down..oh well sorry for venting...get tired of this crap....get tired of everythime i start to get stuff going in the right direction,,my back gets tore up,,got my projects,,they going to probably be sold off,, need work on my d\DD, right cant afford that, will probably end up getting rid of it to,,get something else to drive..
billy
Old 03-06-2007, 02:26 AM   #8
Low84

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
be very careful with the surgery i have four friends ( and myself) who were suppoused to do back surgery for discs and three of those four who had it are as bad or worse off than before... the one guy saw SOME improvement but is still in pain.. me i never had it went with chiropractic therapy and deep tissue massages and im pretty ok although i still have pain sometimes... they have some new treatment that deals with stretching the spine to make the discs go back to normal maybe try that first?
x2. I'm not saying don't do it, but try to choose the absolute best surgeon you can find/afford.

My aunt had her back operated about a little over a year and a half ago. It breaks my heart seeing her in so much pain.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #9
killthewabbit
Spear and magic helmet!

Had a ruptured disc a few months back. No idea why, just woke up one day and couldn't feel much of my right leg. I was a scared som*****. After a few weeks of steroids, x-rays, MRIs and no feeling better, I was getting even more scared. My doc finally sent me to go get the spinal cortisone injections and I felt better within a couple days. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

Regardless of what you choose, I hope you get better, hoss.