The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #1
Musclerodz

New hydroboost setups for 67-72 trucks

Bolt in application designed specifically for 67-72 trucks. System costs are $695, which includes a brand new '06 production heavy duty hydraulic brake assist unit, the CNC machined T-6 billet direct fit firewall mounting plate, adjustable height brake pedal rod design, and the genuine Aeroquip braided stainless AN-6 lineset materials, ready for a direct bolt in.

We can set these assist units up for most conventional 2 bolt design master cylinders by request, though our direct preference is as pictured - the stock master cylinder. Not yet on the website, but will soon be there. For now, please call to place your order.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: New hydroboost setups for 67-72 trucks

What pump do you use?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #3
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
What pump do you use?
The hydroboost unit is a Hydratech product and works with factory power steering set ups.

Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

But,does it work with the factory hydro-boost steering/pump?Or,are you saying it works with what`s on our trucks from factory?Is it integral with the P/S?In otherwords,I have the hydro-boost set-up from a diesel Suburban(`91)and all I need is the pump brackets from a 1ton w/350.I like this set-up you have.Would it be the same?This is for a 4wd and I want the complete brake/steering system.Will your set-up fill the bill?If so,what is required?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 03-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
But,does it work with the factory hydro-boost steering/pump?Or,are you saying it works with what`s on our trucks from factory?Is it integral with the P/S?In otherwords,I have the hydro-boost set-up from a diesel Suburban(`91)and all I need is the pump brackets from a 1ton w/350.I like this set-up you have.Would it be the same?This is for a 4wd and I want the complete brake/steering system.Will your set-up fill the bill?If so,what is required?
This unit replaces the factory vaccum booster and includes the lines to hook it up. It was designed to be installed with the factory power steering set up 2wd or 4wd. It does not include the steering box or pump, but I can provide those too new with AGR units. The pump brackets you will have to come up with depending on what pump you are running. Unless your box and pump need replacing, all that is required to run this hydroboost is the unit itself, the lines are included, and the factory master cylinder.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
onetonk5
Cereal Killer

I dont want to start anything....but...AGR is NOT the best alternative in my opinion. Have heard many horror stories about there poor craftsmanship worse customer service and high price for something that is not any better than a average parts house replacement. This is just my opinion....do a google search for your own info. PSC has great pumps....although im not sure that they offer a pump that will work with hydroboost....or if the pump itself is different than a regular power steering pump. Again just my opinion...everyone has one.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
vtblazer

I'm currently running a PSC ram assist set up, would the hydro boost work with it?
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonk5 View Post
I dont want to start anything....but...AGR is NOT the best alternative in my opinion. Have heard many horror stories about there poor craftsmanship worse customer service and high price for something that is not any better than a average parts house replacement. This is just my opinion....do a google search for your own info. PSC has great pumps....although im not sure that they offer a pump that will work with hydroboost....or if the pump itself is different than a regular power steering pump. Again just my opinion...everyone has one.
Never said it was the best and yes I know the 4wd guys at CK5 can't stand AGR. I have sold quite few units so far with no issues yet. The hydroboost will work with stock stuff or modified. Customer service from AGR has been good for me as well.

Mike
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for your answers,Mike.I`ll keep you in mind when I get to this part of the project.It`ll be a shortbed Stepside 1ton 4wd on 37" rubber.I`ll be using a crossover steering set-up w/a 2wd box.The motor will be running a lumpy bumpstick.Hydro-boost is in order,I believe.

Tim

Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

I have a AGR PS Box, although I don't drive it much it's a very nice unit
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclerodz View Post
Never said it was the best and yes I know the 4wd guys at CK5 can't stand AGR. I have sold quite few units so far with no issues yet. The hydroboost will work with stock stuff or modified. Customer service from AGR has been good for me as well.

Mike
And the answer for me would be...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #12
onetonk5
Cereal Killer

Like i said it is my opinion....FWIW One of the founders of AGR was Tom Allen...who sold out and started PSC. The make a pretty good product. But if your interested in full hydro steering i know of a MUCH higher quality manufacturer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560163 bad AGR press

Last edited by onetonk5; 03-12-2007 at 08:46 PM.
onetonk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
vtblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonk5 View Post
Like i said it is my opinion....FWIW One of the founders of AGR was Tom Allen...who sold out and started PSC. The make a pretty good product. But if your interested in full hydro steering i know of a MUCH higher quality manufacturer.
And they would be...?

PM me if you want so the thread isn't facing a hi-jack.

Last edited by vtblazer; 03-12-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #14
Biff
GM Gypsy

Who uses the brakes? Isn't that why there are holes in my floorboards? No wonder I keep going through so many pairs of diehards!

Here's to your coffin...

May it be built of 100 year old oaks which I will plant tomorrow...
Biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
svgould

I have the Hydratech brake set-up installed in my truck....sorry Musclerodz, didn't know you sold them....anyway it works great, looks good, and bolts in without any problems. Just an FYI for anybody that is looking at this type of set-up.

Shane
  • 4" rear springs
  • Coys Wheels 18 x 8 all the way around
  • Hydratech hydroboost brake system
svgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:00 AM   #16
PICKMUP
"Trucks with Class"

svgould:
Maybe you can tell us, "What pump is required with this unit?"
Doesn't it have to be the pump with the special extra fitting for the hydroboost line?
Isn't that a long waterpump style ps pump? If so, our short wp setups will not work, will they? Then do all the pulleys and alt brkts have to be changed, too?
PICKMUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #17
Musclerodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PICKMUP View Post
svgould:
Maybe you can tell us, "What pump is required with this unit?"
Doesn't it have to be the pump with the special extra fitting for the hydroboost line?
Isn't that a long waterpump style ps pump? If so, our short wp setups will not work, will they? Then do all the pulleys and alt brkts have to be changed, too?
Most any pump can be used with this setup with a few exceptions when using certain F*&D pumps. The hydroboost goes inline between the pump and box and you "tee" into the return line unless you have twin return fittings on your resovoir. No requirement to change waterpumps, pulleys, or ps brackets to make it work, all the neccessary parts are included to install.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #18
svgould

I used stock PS pump, brackets etc. Nothing extra to buy other than the kit Musclerodz is selling. I had mine completely installed within a couple of hours. The only thing I did different is ordered my kit without the stainless braided hose, and had the local hydralic shop custom build my lines.

Shane
  • 4" rear springs
  • Coys Wheels 18 x 8 all the way around
  • Hydratech hydroboost brake system
svgould is offline   Reply With Quote