The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 AM   #1
hewlett2002000

power steering.....

well i was going to save some money and put a new ididit column and power steering in my truck because i will be driving alot and i wanted something a bit more comfy but now i gotta put that off because i have this cooling problem. im just gonna replace the water pump, radiator(has holes), and put some electric fans. i dont know why but the engine is in there a little crooked so the shroud wont go in without hitting the fan. i could try to make the shroud sit offset to the drivers side but im not really sure how. ive checked the motor mounts, ive been over the whole driveline many, many times and idk. i might just pull the engine and put some more motor mounts i have in. i need to change the rear seal anyways. well i just thought id keep yall updated. ill let ya know what i do and how it goes.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: power steering.....

You say that the fan hits the shroud? Do you have a long water pump on your truck? I ran into that problem once before when using a long water pump.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
hewlett2002000

Re: power steering.....

well the engine is in there kinda crooked i think, but ive been looking real close at the front end, and i think this truck was in a wreck and it pushed the front end over or something. idk thats just my guess. i know the frame isent bent. but eaither way im actually looking for a late model 4x4 truck and im gonna put my body on its frame. these trucks jacked up and 4x4 look bad ass, im mainly looking for a SWB 4x4 because i want a stepside, and those LWB stepsides are ugly and hard to find. but if not ill just use my LWB fleetside.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote