The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
jkade

Covan's glove box door cover???

Are they making a cover for 67-72 trucks that match the guage cluster they sell???
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
fatboys69

Re: Covan's glove box door cover???

I looked at there website and contacted them and they don't have any photos of the part, but if they are as nice as their dash panels they should be awsome !!! I have installed one of their dash panels and it fit-up and looks great Name:  20 (12).jpg
Views: 308
Size:  49.1 KB
fatboys69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboys69 View Post
I looked at there website and contacted them and they don't have any photos of the part, but if they are as nice as their dash panels they should be awsome !!! I have installed one of their dash panels and it fit-up and looks great Attachment 254377
I want what you have only black. I think it would be sweet to have a matching glove box door too.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
fatboys69

I bought mine from them at the Goodguys Nashville show, I was after the Carbon Fiber looking one but they didn't bring any with them for the show. After I got it put together and installed I really like the "brushed " aluminum look, seems to go better with the colors on my truck.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
jkade

Quote:
I bought mine from them at the Goodguys Nashville show, I was after the Carbon Fiber looking one but they didn't bring any with them for the show. After I got it put together and installed I really like the "brushed " aluminum look, seems to go better with the colors on my truck.
I remember seeing them at the show and I talked to them also. Did you buy the plug in kit or the one you have to wire up? You going to the show this year?
Thanks, Kade
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
fatboys69

made my own wiring harness ( had most of the stuff I needed anyway ), and bought the gages from Summit. You can check out the new issue (March/April ) of Truck Builder for the complete installation.
Josh ( jkaylor68gmc ) did a killer job on the story and photos!!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #7
jkade

Quote:
made my own wiring harness ( had most of the stuff I needed anyway ), and bought the gages from Summit. You can check out the new issue (March/April ) of Truck Builder for the complete installation.
Josh ( jkaylor68gmc ) did a killer job on the story and photos!!
Hella lot cheaper to do it that way. I priced all the guages and the panel from summit for about $475 and covan's wants over $600.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #8
fatboys69

Summit was cheaper than anyone I could find, and with there new store in Atlanta it's only a 1 day ship for me, so I had my parts the next day. It took me about 2 hrs to build the harness, and a just little longer to do the installation ( since I had to tie into the factory harness. I think someone makes a harness that plugs into the factory harness ( not for sure ).
It was one of the best upgrades I have made so far. I had the factory gages and converted them to "white faces ", but the new one's are so much more accurate. It's a relief to know exactly what's going on with the Autometer gages.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #9
jkade

Quote:
Summit was cheaper than anyone I could find, and with there new store in Atlanta it's only a 1 day ship for me, so I had my parts the next day. It took me about 2 hrs to build the harness, and a just little longer to do the installation ( since I had to tie into the factory harness. I think someone makes a harness that plugs into the factory harness ( not for sure ).
It was one of the best upgrades I have made so far. I had the factory gages and converted them to "white faces ", but the new one's are so much more accurate. It's a relief to know exactly what's going on with the Autometer gages.
Covans makes that setup that plugs right into out trucks but I am doing away with the factory wiring. Summit is a great place to buy parts for sure.