The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2002, 02:30 PM   #1
87gmc
I Got My Engine!!!!!

Frickin Thieves

Well, saturday morning i go out to pull my truck in the garage and i walk around the side of the house and theres my truck sitting on cinder blocks with no tires or rims, i then look inside and find EVERYTHING of value gone, my entire stereo system, door/dash speakers, amp and subs, everything gone. They even took my liscence plate.

GOD IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW. I had just bought new rims and tires, i put my old rims and tired on but still its so frustrating, and i dont have comprehensive or full coverage insurance so i wont get a penny from them. Im hoping the my dad's homeowners insurance will cover it but im really doubting it. ERRRGGGHHHH

The cops have been by a few times to take pictures and what not but they say its very hard to capture these kind of thefts. I am hoping that they do though so can personally kick his ****in ass.
1987 GMC HIGH SIERRA LWB 1500

32X11.50
383 TBI/Vortec Heads/Intake
MSD Ignition
Dual Exhaust
Custom Pinstriping
Sweet interior & stereo
http://www.cgalvin29.freehomepage.com
87gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #2
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

that sucks man seems like this has been happening WAY to much lately.

time for me to start locking the doors to my truck and turning the alarm on in my own driveway
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:35 PM   #3
low 84

man that really makes me mad. seems that this type of thing is happening alot to several board member latley.

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:40 PM   #4
BigRed

Sorry for the loss! The problem with our trucks is that they are so popular for parts. That's why they get ripped-off so much.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:49 PM   #5
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

THAT SUX!!

Damn...sorry to hear that man. Hope you get to recoop some of the losses. crapola!!

Keep us updated man.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:51 PM   #6
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by ocbaud
that sucks man seems like this has been happening WAY to much lately.

time for me to start locking the doors to my truck and turning the alarm on in my own driveway
I'm also sorry to hear your loss.

I actually lock my doors and use a steering wheel club on my truck where ever I park it - even in my driveway. I guess those types of precautions wouldn't stop wheel theives though.

I guess if there's one good thing - it's that they left the truck up on blocks instead of just dropping it down and damaging the body and other components (small solice I know).

Just try and keep smilin'
Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 02:58 PM   #7
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilverado

I'm also sorry to hear your loss.

loss? i havent lost anything. i was just saying, that i've been reading a lot of people on the forums have had it happen lately.

oh, and the doors on our trucks are SO easy to pop open if needed. i really dont even worry about locking my key in the truck anymore
Old 11-25-2002, 03:18 PM   #8
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by ocbaud
loss? i havent lost anything. i was just saying, that i've been reading a lot of people on the forums have had it happen lately....
Sorry for the confussion Ocbaud - I was not referring to your loss. I was referring to the original post by 87gmc.

Guess I should have properly edited the "quote".

Zilverado
Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 03:27 PM   #9
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilverado

Sorry for the confussion Ocbaud - I was not referring to your loss. I was referring to the original post by 87gmc.

Guess I should have properly edited the "quote".

Zilverado
honest mistake
Old 11-25-2002, 04:42 PM   #10
messed up c-10
RHCP afficianado

that really sucks 87. I have locking lug nuts on mine but that wont stop anyone from stealing the stuff on the inside. I park on an uneven terrain anyway so it would be almost imposible to jack it up right to take the stuff. Hope you get your stuff back or at the very least recompensation. Around here lately though there has been people with tow trucks going around and just takin peoples trucks. So at least you still got the majority of your truck.
Here are some links to some good music.
Jack Johnson
Donavon Frankenreiter
messed up c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:03 PM   #11
PHOENIX

I think Ill start parking in the garage again.... it barely fits in there, but it does fit.

Soory to hear the bad news. Not much anyone can say to make you feel better. Did they damage what they left?
Old 11-25-2002, 05:44 PM   #12
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

It really pisses me off when crap like this happens. Damned thieves taking what someone has worked hard for and spent a lot of money on.

Ever since I bought my Torq Thrusts, I've been scared to park my truck anywhere at all. I do park it in the shop and have locking lug nuts, but this won't stop a pro. Then on the inside, well you all know what this stuff costs.

I do have comprehensive though. No way I would ever consider not having it.

I feel real bad for you. I really do.

1985 Chevy C-10
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:54 PM   #13
Txstruck

Guess it is time to get a posse together and start hunting!! I would call the local pawn shops and tell them to watch for the stuff, maybe you can catch these guys afterall.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #14
c10scotty
~THE SILVER BULLET~

man im soo sorry, i know its tough but just keep your spirits up and be thankful that you even had a truck to get robbed in the first place (many people around the world arent near that lucky) once again, very sorry for your loss.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:52 PM   #15
Tom
driving is in my blood

87- I feel for you, I really do. One night I kinda blew up the 383 in my truck. Thinking it was the new demon carb going wrong, I droped the truck off at the only mechanic I let work on it and said "fix the carb"
He called me the next day and told me the engine was done for. I said fine Ill come pick it up. The next day i ge there and it was broken into, $3000 worth of sterio gone, every wire in the engine bay cut, the new $450 demon carb gone, just rebuilt a week ago munice tranny broke, brand new hurst shifter broke, all door locks broke. Add that to the blown engine all within a 4 day period and you can see why I feel for ya.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #16
Silveradoshorty

Sorry about your loss. I have visited your web page several times and really like your truck as it is the same exterior and interior colours as mine. Hopefully you can get something through your Dad's insurance, but if not, don't let those SOB's win. Make it even better than it was, and enjoy it again.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:14 PM   #17
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

thefts

im sorry to hear of your loss. Living in NY City its a common occurance here too. I have found that there is no way to prevent these things from happening, and when they do its hard to ever get anything back. I would recommend you check any kind of pawn shop or stereo place and even tire shop to see if your stuff turns up. Its wise to mark expensive items with some kind of number or somethng with an etching tool. causeif you cant postiviely identify your stuff if you find it, the cops wont take your word for it that its your stuff.
Like some of the others said you can only do so much to protect your stuff and accessories, but if a thief really wants it, he will get it.
and ya know even if the cops catch the piece of cr@p who does this kind of thng most of the time they get off with a slap on the wrist and ya still wind up with a ton of damages to the vehicle, and if you catch then and you touch them you get charged with assault ( trust me ive been on this adventure), so i dont know wht to tell ya best of luck getting past this though

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:26 PM   #18
78SilveradoSWB

It looks like no place is safe from thieves, even in the pristine Alaska countryside. Sorry for your troubles and hope you can get some compensation from the insurance company. Most likely the parts will end up on Ebay. With so many buyers looking there, it is easier to sell there than hocking it. We'll have look twice if we see buyers from Alaska for awhile.
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 11:59 PM   #19
Prerunner1982

sorry man

sorry to hear about that.... someone smashed my step moms blazers window took her book bag and ran down the street throwing things out of it, all for a $6 calculator... i hate people like that, but everyone is right, really nothing you can do. they steal and pretty much get away with it, you defend yourself and property and you get in more trouble than they will.... some things just done seem right in this country sometimes...

jon
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:24 AM   #20
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Old 11-26-2002, 12:42 AM   #21
CustomChevy

Angry that sucks!!!

thieves definitely suck. if they took your plate, you can bet they will try to use it for some other stupid crime. make sure the cops are looking for the plate.

also, this happened in your driveway right? USE YOUR HOMEOWNER'S INSURANCE TO GET BACK SOME MONEY. Hope you kept receipts. That always helps. Got almost all my money back when that happened to me back in time. My parents home insurance covered it.

good luck!!!
CustomChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 12:58 AM   #22
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

I hate to hear this. I hopeit never happends to me again. I did have an 84 truck that had a cheap system in it. I went out one morning and to see the box in back stolen and called my parent's home owners insurance. They said unless it was in the original box from the manufacturer that they would not over it.
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 01:10 AM   #23
littlebubba

I can relate!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, this crap is going on everywhere. Gang punks and dope heads mainly. I can relate to what your going through, only when I went out in the morning my whole truck was gone! They pulled the door lock out of the door, and broke into the steering column, rolled in down the drive into the street before they started it to get away. ( the parts were laying on the driveway so it wasn't hard to figure out) Never to be found! Its in pieces down in the DETROIT ghetto I'm sure.

A bit of advise to everyone, if you have anyone work on your truck keep a close eye on them. Don't write a check to pay that has your address on it, then they know where to go. They will even look in the phone book. Try and pay cash, but don't give your address for the reciept, they don't need that info. Keep an eye out for shady characters in your nieghborhood, driving by or walking, even following you home from whereever. They scope things out, get the info and come back later. I now park so my daughters vehicle is behind mine and they can't roll it down the drive at least.
littlebubba is offline   Reply With Quote