The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
hewlett2002000

removing cab......

as some of you know, i will soon be switching my body over to a 84 frame and i have a few questions. my 84 still isent here, i have to go put a fuel pump in a 93 before i can go get it because its parked in front of my 84 all torn down(hey what can i say, the guy gave me the whole truck for free the least i can do is put a fuel pump in for him...). but when i switch my cab over can i just comealong my cab up, roll the frame out and roll the new frame under it and lower it down? also can i put a rope or chain or something through the cab when i do? i plan to get the 84 frame completely ready and the cab mounts moved and in place before i take a thing off of my 66. im using the power brakes and power steering from the 84. and in the 84 is a running 350 that comes with it, FOR FREE!!!! its wore out from years of use but now i have a engine to build my 383!! anyways can i lift my cab like that? and also what can i spray on the bottom of my cab to prevent rust?
thanks all,
John
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

When you fail to show consideration to others values you are showing disrespect.
hewlett2002000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

Re: removing cab......

How well do the frames match up? It might be a lot easier to swap the front suspension over than to change frames completely.
Jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Chevy Fleetside

Nothing matches up.. The gas tanks have to come out also. Cab to frame mounts need to be changed out. The bed will need to be lined up also. Oh yeah and don't forget the radiator support. Like Johboy said.. It is easier to change the front crossmembers and use the later mounts if that is what you want.. Other then that the frame isn't much differnt. If anything the frame in the 66 is stronger then the 84... The choice is your though..
Chevy Fleetside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Frizzle Fry

Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote