The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
crossy
Oh,you can't buy that new

1987 K5,350 TBI,700R4,12 bolt,D44, DONOR truck,$1300, so NJ

GOOD READING, Don't just scan it. thought this ad best in PARTS section.

I'm considering selling this 87 Blazer K5 'AS IS' for parts because I don't have time to part it out and mail pieces off of it. where I work at we are in an outage right now and I have no time at all to do anything. I took a day off today to say hi to my wife and son and took many pics of the Blazer and access the condition of things. The only thing not going with it is the tube grille and Class III hitch. I have a stock grille. I obviously don't have time to trade parts around either. I would consider trading to a decent pickup truck (no jap stuff), especially any shortbed Chevy/GMC. I have no time to come look at a bondo job you have to drive it here or provide GOOD pics with close ups of any trouble areas.
the previous owner bought this truck from his brother who ordered it new. The P/O blew the 3.08 rear once and had it redone and it blew again so he swapped in a matching pair of 3.73 rears into it out of a 74 so now it has a dana 44 and 12 bolt in it. they make no noise. The floors and rockers and foot boxes are getting too bad to consider fixing it and another reason I am offering it up whole is because it still has the complete TBI fuel injection which is more economical than a carb and better for crawling/climbing. If you have an older K5 and wanted some of the newere ammenities then where's your chance to get it all in one spot. If you don't have room at home you can part it out here(in two days or less) and leave the rest here after FULL payment..
I sell 73-87 parts as my HOBBY on ebay and two forums so I am pretty fussy about what I call sellable, so if I don't mention it than it's prolly not worth mentioning.
the engine is 78-86 style 350 out of another truck (prolly a 4 bolt and rebuilt somewhere along the way?), rebuilt and was running good with the TBI adapted to the Edelbrock Performer Q-jet intake, but the cam went away on #7 cylinder and I don't want to keep running it with metal dust in the engine. The 700R4 tranny still shifts OK and I have no idea about it's mileage,but I could sell good 4x4 700R4's once a week for $$. the 205C T-case is OK in all ranges.
Here's what I see that you can use. AGAIN if it's not on the list it's not what I call useable. Even 'useable' is getting hard to find in this part of the country so if your anal i suggest you try GM or find NOS. thanx for the look. crossy
LIST
12 bolt and Dana 44 w/3.73's
350 engine needing a cam/lifters( I have some good cams here)
700R4 tranny
205C Transfer case.
tailgate trim piece (nice)
tailgate motor & glass
black cap w/ no cracks & film tinted windows.
tailights w/chrome trim
(2) BFG 31x10.50's
R.F fender(obviously replaced once)
hood (few small dents)w/ornament
'wet arm' wiper system
cowl & screen(nice)stainless mirrors(nice)
left door complete (not nice,but very useable)
right door glass and vent window.
Silverado gray door panels(rare in that they are manual, easy to convert to power though and I have all the stuff here to do it).
dash pad, Gray (Not Nice, but way better than most are)
glove box door & ash tray(nice)
gauge cluster with working gauges.
Gray cloth front seats(some burn holes in left seat)
matching rear seat
gray carpet still good except rear cargo area is nasty and door bottoms have speaker holes.
decent front & rear bumpers (one 'tweak' in each and chrome is a number 6)
front driveshaft to dana 44
rear driveshaft with switch U-joint to 12 bolt
the entire right quarter panel on this Blazer is good with no rust or bondo(thats worth a few $)
big tank with slosh baffles and In-tank pump.
Complete TBI system.
$1300 firm takes it
best to call me,
call DAVID at 856-678-7883 from 9AM to 9PM only for more info.
dbcrossy@verizon.net works better than PM's

LOCATED in Pennsville,NJ just 30 minutes south of Philly airport and 5 minutes from Delaware Memorial Bridge. The NJ turnpike(95) and NJ Routes 130,295,40 & 49 all end in Pennsville so I’m easy to get to.
Attached Images

98 Vortec project.
94,3500,6.5L 4L80
81 SWB GMC POS finally gone
73 Pinto, stock, w/CragarSS's-eww
LOTS of Cummins trucks.
crossy is offline   Reply With Quote