The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #76
Tech @ BG

Re: BG Demon Carbs are WORTHLESS!!!

71chevylowrider,

Again we do not want to get into a pissing match with you. You don’t like us, which is understandable. You have the right to say what you want, and we have the right to state our position. We wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do in the future.

We are on Microsoft Exchange Servers as well. Part of the issue may be where we are located out in the country. Recently the phone system provided had to take out the PRI system and go back to old-fashioned hard lines to deal with the local phone company.

Have a Great Day.
Tech @ BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM   #77
Billla
Account Suspended

Guys, having been in this situation in other forums - it's not easy to be a vendor in a community. No product is perfect (we say "the last bug is fixed when the last customer dies" ) but one of the best ways for BG to improve their products is to monitor and participate in online communities - as they're doing. OUR OBLIGATION is to be respectful and appreciative, and to provide specific, detailed feedback on problems so that they can take a look and figure out what needs to be done. "These suck" isn't very helpful - "the finish on the bottom of the throttle body is rough, and here's a picture" is great.

We all benefit from BG's participation, so let's make sure it's a great experience for them!

My $.02

Can I have a free SBC 6-pack now? :-D
Billla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #78
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billla View Post
<snip>
My $.02

Man Billla, you are too smooth.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #79
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Smile Re: BG Demon Carbs are WORTHLESS!!!

Quote:
Guys, having been in this situation in other forums - it's not easy to be a vendor in a community. No product is perfect (we say "the last bug is fixed when the last customer dies" ) but one of the best ways for BG to improve their products is to monitor and participate in online communities - as they're doing. OUR OBLIGATION is to be respectful and appreciative, and to provide specific, detailed feedback on problems so that they can take a look and figure out what needs to be done. "These suck" isn't very helpful - "the finish on the bottom of the throttle body is rough, and here's a picture" is great.

We all benefit from BG's participation, so let's make sure it's a great experience for them!

My $.02

Like I stated above I have had problems with this line also but, as Billla said we will all benefit from BG's participation.

I personally do not want to see this thread locked by the higher ups because people can not be civil. They do seem to be trying to help so let them.

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #80
Tech @ BG

Quote:

My $.02

Bill,

Thanks for the compliment. People have the right to voice their opinions, and we all don't have to agree. That is part of what makes this a great country.

Sorry about the Six-Shooter, just gave the last free one away Actually we can't build em fast enough, even the magazines, and TV shows buy them.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #81
71SWBChevy
Post Whore

I think it is awesome that you guys take time out of your day to post on forums like this. Thanks a bunch man, wasn't going to even consider a demon carb because my dad was a holley man to the bone but when it comes time to slap one of these bad boys on top of my motor I can firmly say now that I will be giving the demon's a look.

'71 Chevy 350/TH350 Hugger Orange
Currently just a rolling frame, body work soon to follow!!!
Check out my Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=212927

Daily Driver: 1997 Chevrolet S-10 with more gears than pistons
71SWBChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM   #82
71chevylowrider

Anyone can make a mistake during the manufacturing process, it's the being blown off by the tech dept. that tork's me, & then the lame excuses's that i'm hearing now that fuel the fire.

Billa your response was very well put, & wreaked with class, although i don't remember saying they suck, please remember I didn't start this thread saying they are worthless.

I'm just concerned that the reason BG is trying so hard to be helpful now, after all these horror stories that have been all over the Net about machine shavings in brand new carbs being shipped all over, I didn't see anything from BG back then? So are they concerned about quality? Or are they just worried about sales?
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #83
franks72

I've been dragracin for the better part of 20 years ,had lots of holleys. When I rebuilt the 402 in my truck I spent too much $ on the hyd roller so I bought a reman bg 750speed demon from jegs for like 300$ got the truck running and it felt like a dog . called the tec guy he was real cool . I needed to know were I could get there spring kit for the vac sec. He told me the holley springs were the same .It took the heavest spring in the kit but now its a tire fryer. I couldn't be happer with the performance and support...
franks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 PM   #84
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevylowrider View Post

I'm just concerned that the reason BG is trying so hard to be helpful now, after all these horror stories that have been all over the Net about machine shavings in brand new carbs being shipped all over, I didn't see anything from BG back then? So are they concerned about quality? Or are they just worried about sales?
and you have made your point several times now. This thread has gone downhill a few times since it was started. It has been left open due to the information in it. Lets stop the bickering within and the assumptions etc.. the tech is here, is answering questions and doing so in a non combative manner. I wish I could say the same about many of the replies.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #85
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

I'll relate my own experience with BG carbs.

I bought the 625 in the sig used off eBay. The owner said it ran great, which it did. The problem, as I discovered, happened when you shut the engine off. All the fuel would siphon out of the fuel bowls pouring on top of the throttle plates and run out the throttle shafts all over the top of my engine. I had my engine builder look at it who, never having seen a Demon carb but having 40 years experience with Holleys, noticed that there were no air bleeds drilled in the top of the main body. He called BG tech support and asked if they were supposed to have air bleeds. The Tech said of course they do, otherwise all the gas will siphon out and run all over the top of everything.

Once the air bleeds were drilled out that solved the fuel siphoning problem. All of this was back when the engine was stock (meaning this carb was built about 5-6 years ago). The only non-stock items were the dual exhaust, headers and an Edelbrock intake. I have to say pulling off the good ol' Q-jet and putting on the Demon was like night and day. I had more torque and hp than ever. Even though it was old, I kept the Q-jet in good shape with frequent rebuilds. The Demon was simply a much better carb. It even reved the engine high enough to float my worn out valves.

I put the truck in the paint shop not long after the build and didn't have time to get it tuned with the rebuilt engine. After I get it back, TECH @ BG I may be in touch. It was running rich at idle but off the line holy cow did it come alive once you floored it. The main issue was on my up shift under acceleration it stalls out bad. It's like there is no fuel for a second and then it comes alive again. I'm guessing a bigger accelerator pump may be in order and maybe a jet change. I've noticed the BG website suggests a 650 Speed Demon with mechanical secondaries is the optimal carb and I've considered going to it at some point. But money wise that's not going to be an option for at least awhile after a $3000 paint job.

So, although my experience with BG Carbs hasn't been perfect, the performance is awsome and as long as TECH @ BG is here to help, I'm sticking with BG.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #86
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: BG Demon Carbs are WORTHLESS!!!

i am thinking the 625 or the 725 for my 355 vortec headed engine.
i would be very proud to have one on my rig, it should run like a wounded dog

which one do u guy's think

Last edited by rage'nrat638; 07-12-2007 at 06:54 AM.
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #87
Tech @ BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller 1970 View Post
I'll relate my own experience with BG carbs.

I bought the 625 in the sig used off eBay. The owner said it ran great, which it did. The problem, as I discovered, happened when you shut the engine off. All the fuel would siphon out of the fuel bowls pouring on top of the throttle plates and run out the throttle shafts all over the top of my engine. I had my engine builder look at it who, never having seen a Demon carb but having 40 years experience with Holleys, noticed that there were no air bleeds drilled in the top of the main body. He called BG tech support and asked if they were supposed to have air bleeds. The Tech said of course they do, otherwise all the gas will siphon out and run all over the top of everything.

Once the air bleeds were drilled out that solved the fuel siphoning problem. All of this was back when the engine was stock (meaning this carb was built about 5-6 years ago). The only non-stock items were the dual exhaust, headers and an Edelbrock intake. I have to say pulling off the good ol' Q-jet and putting on the Demon was like night and day. I had more torque and hp than ever. Even though it was old, I kept the Q-jet in good shape with frequent rebuilds. The Demon was simply a much better carb. It even reved the engine high enough to float my worn out valves.

I put the truck in the paint shop not long after the build and didn't have time to get it tuned with the rebuilt engine. After I get it back, TECH @ BG I may be in touch. It was running rich at idle but off the line holy cow did it come alive once you floored it. The main issue was on my up shift under acceleration it stalls out bad. It's like there is no fuel for a second and then it comes alive again. I'm guessing a bigger accelerator pump may be in order and maybe a jet change. I've noticed the BG website suggests a 650 Speed Demon with mechanical secondaries is the optimal carb and I've considered going to it at some point. But money wise that's not going to be an option for at least awhile after a $3000 paint job.

So, although my experience with BG Carbs hasn't been perfect, the performance is awsome and as long as TECH @ BG is here to help, I'm sticking with BG.

Valve float

Let us know when you're all back together, and we'll see if we can't point you in the right direction.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 AM   #88
Tech @ BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage'nrat638 View Post
i am thinking the 625 or the 725 for my 355 vortec headed engine.
i would be very proud to have one on my rig, it should run like a wounded dog

which one do u guy's think
A 625 Road Demon would look real good on there, and the smaller carburetor will give you more of that bottom end grunt you were wanting. Since you'll probably have enough room, installing a 4-hole spacer between the carburetor and intake will help with that as well.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM   #89
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

Thumbs up Re: BG Demon Carbs ARE WONDERFULL

now thats what i am talking about personal attention to my question..

625 is the one then..i will set my sights on that one then

lets see start a thread HELP MARK GET THE 625 FUND

Last edited by rage'nrat638; 04-15-2007 at 11:20 PM.
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:15 AM   #90
72step

TECH @ BG, Wow, I had no idea my post had got this much attention!!! I had been offline due to Carpal Tunnel Surgery. Anyway Tech @ BG, I do respect you for posting on our fair board, at least there's someone at BG who cares, but that doesn't change my mind about your products. The BG's mentioned on this post will be the first and last ones i'll ever own. I finally sent the second bad BG carb back to Jegs, (Thanks you Jegs for such excellent customer service!), and actually ordered a Quick Fuel Q-Series 650 mechanical, and out of the box, it out-performed the first leaky BG-Demon which actually ran, and that's without touching so much as the idle screw. The Quick Fuel carbs are engine tested and it shows. The second Defective Demon had the primary float adjustment frozen, and it was just pouring fuel down the throat of my truck and would not idle. In my life I had never seen such a horrid running carb! Plus the Quick Fuels which feature red billet aluminum parts do look sharp. I would think a Proform which are purple, are just as good, as the Quick Fuels use Proform main bodies.
One last comment, is NO I didn't have the wrong size carb, through this whole ordeal I was dealing with a 650 Mech which in the end worked out perfect. It wasn't the wrong size carb, but the wrong brand mates...!!! Through this whole thing, I lost out on around $50 bucks in shipping charges, sending the junk back and sending the first one initially, and I look at it as $50 well spent. At least I'll never have anymore junk mounted to the top of my intake.

Last edited by 72step; 04-16-2007 at 01:23 AM.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 AM   #91
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Re: BG Demon Carbs ARE WONDERFULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage'nrat638 View Post
now thats what i am talking about personal attention to my question..

625 is the one then..i will set my sights on that one then

lets see start a thread HELP MARK GET THE 625 FUND
Hey Mark, I run that same carb and it's a great carb and I still have stock heads . I would have thought BG Tech would have recommended the 650 Speed Demon with your Vortecs but what do I know!

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 AM   #92
Tech @ BG

72Step,

Again we apologize for the issues you had, you change your mind and have the opportunity to work with any of our products in the future please let us know. Marvin, and Marty at QFT build a good unit that you should be happy with.

70c10,

With the small camshaft Mark is running the Road Demon® should work extremely well.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #93
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG View Post

70c10,

With the small camshaft Mark is running the Road Demon® should work extremely well.
Oh ok, I didn't know exactly what cam Mark was running. Thanks for the input on the board!

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote