The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2002, 06:02 PM   #26
adkphoto

Re: digital cameras

Hey Cheyenne10 -

There are so many good digital cameras out now, that it's hard to recommend one without knowing exactly what you'll be using it for. However, I've been shopping for a new one myself, so I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

At the top of my list is the Sony Mavica. There are two models, the CD250 and the CD400 that store images on a mini CD-R or CD-RW, making these some of the least expensive cameras to own (because you wont have to spend another $150 on memory cards). Take the CD out of the camera and pop it into your computer. Nothing easier.

Plus, no removable media card out there can store as many images as a 300 megabyte CD. Another great feature of these cameras is that they will record video as long as you have space on the CD. Most other digital cameras limit the amount of time you can record video to something like two minutes.

Another good choice are the Olympus Camedia models. They have tons of features and are very easy to use. Good photos too.

Just for e-mail and Internet photos, even the cheapest camera is good. It's when you start printing them out that quality really matters. A 4 to 5 megapixel camera is needed for good 8x10 size photos. Go up or down from there. For example, if you're only going to print 5x7 inch photos, you need about a 2 megapixel camera. Figure it out like this using 250 pixels per inch as a good rule of thumb for most printers:

(5 " x 250 ppi) x (7" x 250 ppi) = 2,200,000 pixels (2.2 megapixels)

David

Quote:
Originally posted by cheyenne10
I am shopping for a digital camera. What can you recommend as far as zoom powers, mega pixels and other features to watch for? What type of Megapixels are need for good web pics? What type for printed 4x6 type pics?
Vroom, Vroom....
=====================
David Colbert dcolbert@twcny.rr.com

Work hard, play harder!
adkphoto is offline   Reply With Quote