The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
ty639

LMC body parts

Looking for feedback on there parts. How well do there body parts fit?
Thanks
ty639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:54 PM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: LMC body parts

I don`t want to bash LMC.I`ve been known to use them.But,with sheetmetal I`d like to know it`source because quality varies so much.With LMC you`ll never get that info.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
6872xtc

I can't tell you about their sheet metal, but I bought the chrome grill with billet insert and front bumper for my '72 and was very pleased with the fit after several hours of work. I found out that I needed to pull the insert of, fit the shell then install insert. Yes, there was some 'massaging' involved, yes there are some places I would like to fit better. I wish the headlight openings were perfectly centered around the lights, but overall I think it compares well to my Dad's original GM grill fairly well in the fit. I decided to try their stuff after a Ford buddy of mine bought a front bumper for his, didn't like the angle the lower bolt holes were stamped at, so with a call to LMC, they shipped a replacement that he liked. They didn't want the first one back plus no extra dollars. Yes I believe that they must have a good mark-up to do that, but some parts seem to be not available "made in USA' .
6872xtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
slowgo72

have used a few body parts, jsut got a new grill so i am hopeing it will fit well
if at all possible use goodmark parts, i have built a truck with them and
have had no major troubles...
Old 04-21-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
BurnoutNova

in my opinion, it doesnt matter where you get aftermarket body panels, they never fit as good as originals no matter where they come from. ive heard good things and bad things about lmc in general, but not specificly about thier body panels.

i have however hears lots of good things about goodmark, althought thier prices are a bit higher. whoever you choose to get your parts from, just be prepared to spend some time making them fit right.

on my truck, lucily the only things that i'll be getiing aftermarket are the metal to fix the cab... i found original rust free doors, and fenders and a set of nos inner fenders
BurnoutNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #6
72armyswbtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don`t want to bash LMC.I`ve been known to use them.But,with sheetmetal I`d like to know it`source because quality varies so much.With LMC you`ll never get that info.
last batch of sheetmetal I ordered from LMC was labeled Trimetal? (the us company based in Ohio)
Other times it came from China and was thin.
I do know that if you spend $1000 you can call them up and try to become a distributor and then their prices are really really low.