The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
munroe

gennie shifter in my 85?

anyone ever use a gennie shifter on their truck. i have been thinkin about instaling one while i gather up all the parts for a 305/4 speed conversion. the only potential problem i can see is the location for the hole in the floor being diffrent than for the 4 speed. i could always keep the peice of floor and TIG it back in when the four speed is ready to install i geuss. any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
tyjoja

Re: gennie shifter in my 85?

hey, I never heard of gennie shifter, but what kind of four speed are you putting in? I have a granny four speed in my 73, it would be nice to have more like a car four speed, never put mine in granny low.
tyjoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
munroe

ill probably try to find one out of a camaro or some such. i dont need the truck for towing, we have farm trucks and tractors if the trucks wont haul it.heres the link to the site
www.gennieshifter.com
theyr hot rod type kit, which is an influence on my truck. kind of an alternantive to the b+m type shift kits i think
Old 04-23-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Ivan D.
glamoros piece o' lowlife

Look nice, very similar to Lokar's products yet different system, the engineer in me likes it to the point I'd seriously consider one for my truck if it didn't come with a Megashifter already installed. Said Megashifter is actually quite the ***** to work with, but then the whole truck has quite the *****y character, so they match perfectly, lol The thunderbird shifter in my hot-rod Lincoln however (similar setup as the Gennie and the Lokar) is really nice to work with, especially after me modifying the gate pattern, I think you'll be very happy with the Gennie vs. a cable-operated system.

Wait, you're installing the Gennie on yer current slushbox, then replace the slushbox with a stick? If that's the case, may I ask why even bother, these ain't cheap shifters, and wouldn't the money be better used if applied to yer 4-spd fund?