The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2002, 10:53 AM   #1
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Engine progress update

Blazerboy came over yesterday and what a pleasure it is to work with someone that really knows engines. He did alot of the engine stuff with a blindfold on and one hand tied behind his back. Okay, maybe not, but he does know what he is doing.

We got the new cam installed, lifters, valve springs, valve seals, roller rockers, gear drive, intake, valve covers and fuel pump.

All that needs to be done is get some longer bolts for the quadrajet and gaskets, get the pickup screen welded on the oil pump, get the timing cover cleaned up, painted and seal replaced, install the balancer, water pump and the rear main seal. Sure I'm forgetting a few other things, but definitely getting close to having it all together.

Blazerboy only gave me a few heart attacks yesterday. A couple oh no's can make my heart stop, luckily we didn't run into any real problems.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow of our fun.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:34 AM   #2
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Talking

Wish I could have been there holding the camera when Jason said 'oh no'! That might have been a good pic, hehe! Sorry I couldn't make it up there, but I had to see the relatives. By the way, did you do the cab repair and paint the cowl?