The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
Trick76
Living la vida broka

What would you offer this guy

Hey all. Getting out of the military in July and looking to buy a new truck. This one keeps popping up for sale in my area. I'm not gonna tell you the location or the price because I'm selfish However, the price seem REALLY low. What would you offer for this truck. 1967 Chevy C10 Step side. 6-cyl 232 inline 6 with only 75,400 miles. 4 speed/granny tranny.
Attached Images

1985 GMC C20 350 700r4, ~under the knife

Last edited by Trick76; 04-27-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Trick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Re: What would offer this guy

Looks like a pretty nice ride to me. Is it in Italy or here in the states? I'm sure that would play a big part in the price.

RJ22

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Rokcrln

Front plate looks like a Cali. So I would say the states.
Good luck and thanks for your service!!

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
bad_turbo
turbo enthusiast

I've seen that truck on craigslist. Hmmm
Old 04-27-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Good catch Kevin guess i should look closer.

RJ22

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
LUV2XCLR8
The LuvShack Garage

$1
Tow Piggy:"Maddy" 88 Silverado 3500
Hauler: "Feathers" 14 Aluma 8218T
LUV2XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Geno

Like I told the other guy. Buying an old truck, you should take a good look around inside and out to see if it appears to have been neglected. These older trucks can have the potential to start falling apart after a short time. Within the first two years of purchasing mine the door handle came off, the dome light fell out, the antenna popped out, the gas pedal broke off, my outside mirrors would swing inwards at freeway speed because they got loose, my power booster for my brakes went out, the carberator had to be replaced, the vaccum advanced, the brake master cylinder, the upper ball joints, shocks, and I had to replace my old point ignition for an electronic one because of continuing problems. Oh yeah and my gas tank switch. Other than that, these old chevy/gmcs are cool trucks and with everyone driving around in there lift 2006-2007's you'll get complements from admirers of these classics.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
larry may

Well Trick 76: based on Geno's testimony below. Probably a trade of a 12 pack of schlitz and a big Cigar would be a fair deal for a truck you are not sure about, Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Like I told the other guy. Buying an old truck, you should take a good look around inside and out to see if it appears to have been neglected. These older trucks can have the potential to start falling apart after a short time. Within the first two years of purchasing mine the door handle came off, the dome light fell out, the antenna popped out, the gas pedal broke off, my outside mirrors would swing inwards at freeway speed because they got loose, my power booster for my brakes went out, the carberator had to be replaced, the vaccum advanced, the brake master cylinder, the upper ball joints, shocks, and I had to replace my old point ignition for an electronic one because of continuing problems. Oh yeah and my gas tank switch. Other than that, these old chevy/gmcs are cool trucks and with everyone driving around in there lift 2006-2007's you'll get complements from admirers of these classics.

Thou shalt be cool and not hassle

Be a site supporter.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool inclines to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
larry may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

I don't know what the going rate is for Longbed Stepside trucks in California but I bought Old Yeller in West Texas in 1990 for $1800. The biggest difference between Old Yeller and the truck you're looking at is Old Yeller came with a factory 350 with 33,000 mi on the rebuild.

FWIW, since Texas is the truck capital of the world and trucks are common as dirt, resale values tend to be lower than other parts of the country.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
67cst
i love summertime

geno, these trucks are 40 years old now...that stuff is expected, i pretty much replaced every part on my 67 and the truck runs and drives better then a new truck, imo anyways...and it looks 100x better then a new truck too

GLOVE BOX LIGHTS FORSALE, click link for info

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=273724
67cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Trick76
Living la vida broka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_turbo View Post
I've seen that truck on craigslist. Hmmm
Ya caught me. The truck is in Cali right now. I am waiting to hear back from the guy so I can send my Dad to look it over. He is asking 1900 which seemed really low to me for how nice it looked. Maybe it is just an undesirable body style. I still have the motor from my old truck so the inline 6 is a non-issue for me. Thanks for the input everyone. If it checks out I think I will offer 1500 and go from there
1985 GMC C20 350 700r4, ~under the knife
Trick76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:10 PM   #12
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Geno why so negative. Your truck was trying to tell you to give it a shave.

This looks like a great truck and in good shape. You are closer then I am so look for rust. Door sills, cab supports etc. What are your plans for it? If you want a driver it looks dent free and if it's pretty much rust free $2000.00 bucks would be my limit. If it runs and it looks like it does this is more then a fair deal for both of you.

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 04-27-2007 at 11:11 PM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #13
ChevyDude

I"m the other guy he "told" all about these trucks. I'm so glad, cause I don't know jack about them! LOL!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyDude View Post
I"m the other guy he "told" all about these trucks. I'm so glad, cause I don't know jack about them! LOL!
I can tell, just look at Lil Red! What a piece........

of art!!!!!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 04-27-2007 at 11:21 PM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE View Post
Geno why so negative. Your truck was trying to tell you to give it a shave.

This looks like a great truck and in good shape. You are closer then I am so look for rust. Door sills, cab supports etc. What are your plans for it? If you want a driver it looks dent free and if it's pretty much rust free $2000.00 bucks would be my limit. If it runs and it looks like it does this is more then a fair deal for both of you.

esll.
Funny!And,I agree.It is a "less" desirable body style,but looks like a great deal and in it`s present form would be a very practical vehicle to have.I`d love to have it.
I`ve never had a truck go to pieces as described above.These trucks are amazingly reliable,even still.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #16
Geno

I'm not being negative I'm just giving the dude a heads up. Maybe I didn't realize that this board is full of people that love these trucks but, so do I remember that after 6+ years and all the headaches I will never sell my baby as anyone that owns one will tell you "I LOVE MY TRUCK".

P.S. I have had offers from more well to do individuals to buy my truck but, RICH DON'T MEAN **** IF IT AIN'T FOR SALE- AND IT AIN'T.
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #17
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Thumbs up Re: What would offer this guy

Geno .... no jab intended. Your experience is duly noted. Anyone with a good truck has done allot of the same as you have done to get their truck back the way it was in the day. A new Chevy or GMC truck will never get the nod that our trucks do. Heck I was getting the thumb's up before I had even started working on mine.

Our truck's are very dependable trucks then and now. Owners have written Consumer Reports testifying how great these trucks were then and can still be with minimum referbishing. They also make statements about how they still love these trucks and will never be with out one.

The thing is to have it clear in ones mind the desired intention as to why the purchase. IMHO I prefer fleetsides but thats me. I would take a step side for an all season driver. But be prepared to have a purchase budget and a repair budget to get a truck that is 40 years old in really good running shape. I know people don't set proper budgets to meet their expectations and their talents or the lack there of. When repairs start to happen they get choked at the work horse they just bought. Be prepared to breath ($$$) a little new life into these trucks. If you want something like a hot rod or restored truck be prepared to breath allot more ($$$$) into it.

esll.

Our trucks have hit the appreciation cycle and will be worth more with every year that goes by. As far as style they have proved that they have staying power.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 04-28-2007 at 02:51 AM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #18
ChevyDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
I can tell, just look at Lil Red! What a piece........of art!!!!!
She is a piece....isn't she Glock! I really need to get a Chilton's manual and start reading so I can get her cleaned up a bit.

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick76 View Post
Maybe it is just an undesirable body style.
That's pretty much the case. The long bed stepsides are the least desirable of all the different body styles.

When I first started looking for a truck in 1990 I knew the PO had Old Yeller for sale but a yellow long bed step was not something I wanted. At the time I was looking at '80's Fleetside Chevy's with 350's but none of them had the oomph that I wanted. My father suggested I test drive our friend's yellow '70 model long bed stepside. What I found was a truck that had way more power than anything Chevrolet offered during the '80's and I was hooked. It wasn't until the Vortec engines came out that there was any stock 350 that would outrun Old Yeller.

The rest is history. You couldn't offer me enough money to make me part with him now. For years I thought about changing the color when I had him repainted but then he wouldn't be Old Yeller. So, I thought about a different shade of yellow but in the end I'm spending $3000 too have him painted inside and out the same old yellow. I have no other material object to which I am so attached. I dare say, based on the engine you see in the sig, that I have the fastest '70 model Chevrolet long bed step side in the world. After all no one would be crazy enough to hot rod this style of truck accept me. But somethings in life are more than about what makes sense to everyone else. It's what it means to you that matters.

OK, enough with all the sentimental blather. I'm making myself sick.