The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
1963chevyC_10

painting original

1963 chevy c 10 so this truck was my great granpas and my grandparents new i was looking to restore a 60s truck so they just gave it to me. so it means alot to them and me for this thing to come out as original as possibe. well it just needs to look like the same truck its 507 brigade blue with a brownish interior color. someone told me to look on jim carters website. and the color they have for interior is for 64-66. and i know there are alot of differences in these trucks are the interior colors the same? if i can find if there is a code on the truck somewhere ill just have my body shop mix me something close. and was the firewall painted the same color as the interior? cause it looks like the same brownish color on the firewall. thanks for any help cody
1963chevyC_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #2
62ChevyStep

Re: painting original

Cody see if these help

The Interior color would have been Fawn Poly - Ditzler Code: 22151
The Exterior color was 507 Brigade Blue - Ditzler Code: 12233
Attached Images

05'Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5

Last edited by 62ChevyStep; 05-07-2007 at 06:14 PM.
62ChevyStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
factorystock

Yes, interior color is the same from 1962-1966. But steering wheel and column were white from 62-64.The color of the firewall depends on where the truck was built.Some East coast assembly plants painted the firewall the interior color fawn, but most Central and West coast assemby plants painted the firewall the color of the exterior. They were never painted black, unless the exterior color was black.Photo shows a custom cab interior.
Attached Images

factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
ClassicAutoResto
Rust Buster

AutoColorLibrary.com is where I get my original codes from for my shop. Very easy navigation, and if you prefer dupont, it is great for getting mix codes as the ppg codes can be converted. Go to the 1964 year to view the actual chips Good Luck! - Jerry

Last edited by ClassicAutoResto; 05-10-2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: missed some information
ClassicAutoResto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #5
Tomsriv

I've got a '65 with the exact same color scheme. My code is 507AA. What is strange is that the door jams are also the brownish color (Fawn poly) of the interior. This truck has been modified so I assumed the whole truck was fawn poly at one time, but the paint code says it was originally blue. Are the door jams supposed to be interior or exterior color?
Tomsriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
factorystock

The same assembly plants that painted the firewall fawn also painted the door jams fawn.All other plants painted the firewall and door jams the exterior color. So both would be correct. Also, the interior color was never used as the exterior color. In 64 and 65, there was an exterior color called fawn, but each year the color was a different shade and was not even close to the metalic fawn used on the interior.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
Cobblemizer

I have a 63 I am going to restore. I noticed the inset on the door panel and glove box door where a diffrent color, it looks like an antique white or egg shell white? The inside of mine is painted bright white the same as the exterior. I am going to repaint the exterior omaha orange and white top and would like to match the inset on the door panels.
Cobblemizer is offline   Reply With Quote