The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
70 longbed

FS: Toolbox door

$275 + shipping from 85635. Door is in good shape; has some bubbles in the corners. Door is from my truck, an original and still an AZ truck. Hinges and lock are there and in working order. Lock can be re-keyed or I can include a copy of my key. I can send high quality pics to anyone with broadband access. Anyone interested respond in this thread.
Attached Images

70 CST longbed in progress. Hoping to get it back on the road soon.
70 longbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #2
70 longbed

Re: FS: Toolbox door

Is the price out of line for a quality door?

Is there no interest in toolbox doors anymore?

Old 05-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I know these doors can bring pretty good money, and commenting on price isnt allowed, unless of course the person asks When I look at that rust I see a fair amount thats going to need to be cut out, treated and patched back up. 275 bucks and it doesn't include shipping seems kinda steep. Ive been keeping my eye open for a decent deal on one of these and haven't seen one yet...course maybe I'm just cheap

When I sell stuff to other board members I don't try for top dollar. If you are looking for some real bucks try eBay. I hope you get what you are asking for it in the end.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Give it time.I agree about "softening" prices on this site.That`s what I do.The little bit of rust showing is the tip of the iceberg.It could be quickly fixed and stay good on a truck kept inside that avoids being driven in the rain with bondo.But,to fix it right,metal needs cut out and replaced.It`s still a very solid candidate and they`re hard to find that good.I`d price it at $100 less if it was me.$175 is still alot for a little old door that needs work.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
72armyswbtruck

Give it time, there are plenty on here that would like it, it's just timing.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #6
70 longbed

All,

Thanks for the comments. I haven't sold anything on here before, at least that I remember, or if I had it was a long time ago. I went to some old posts and priced from there, just knew I had to post a price and not ask for best price. I would definitely like to sell here rather than gouge a site member on ebay. I will look at some options tomorrow and see what a body guy tells me about the door versus selling "as is" with a reduced price. I am willing to come down to a fair price for both parties, but don't want to give the door away as they seem to be getting harder to find.