The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2007, 05:08 PM   #51
greg0380

Re: More engine compartment and "what is this"?

your right chevytech. I had that exact same carb on my 85 305. IT is the electrical connector for the dual capacity accelorator pump. It is only effective at certain temperatures and is controlled by a thermo swtich.

By the way, i love my TBI, haha..

2007 GMC Sierra 1500, xtended cab, 4X4, flexfuel 5.3L

1999 BMW 528i
greg0380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #52
skippy969

Re: More engine compartment and "what is this"?

This is my first post, but I thought I would try to help to get this thread figured out correctly for anyone needing the same answer.

The first pic circled in GRAY with a green wire is the temperature sending unit to the das gauge.

The second pic circled in BLUE is an EGR vacuum soleniod. http://jcw.webepc.com/servlets/WebEP...e+Vac+Solenoid

The third pic circled in ORANGE is the engine knock sensor.

The fourth pic circled in RED is the dual capacity pump for a M4MED carb NON CCC

Circled in YELLOW is the idle stop solenoid. If its on a NON CCC carb it is connected to the AC to keep the engine idling when the AC is on.

Cirlcled In PURPLE is the temperature sensor that connects to the dual capacity pump to control the fuel flow when the engine is hot or cold.

The dual capacity pump and the mixture control solenoid are in the same place on the carb. The M4MED has dual capacity pump and the CCC carb has the mixture control solenoid.

Again this is my first post, but I was trying to get this thread a little more understandable for others.

EB
skippy969 is offline   Reply With Quote