The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2002, 11:35 AM   #26
72step

bigjimzlll, when I bought it I had the impression it was a 350. when I cross referenced the numbers on the TRW pistons for other reasons, I was told they were for a 327, then I checked the numbers on the block and that's what I came up with. I got the block for such a good price, i'm not sure why anyone would fake the numbers. Anyway, yes, at that point I checked the stroke, and it is indeed a 327. In my opinion, the 280H isn't exactly mild--at idle, my power brakes hardly work. So your 268h is probably stock huh?! I usually run 91octane, and does fine. The heads are 64cc and if I remember correctly that comes up with 9.5:1 ratio.
"sounds like theres something fishy in the "327" area......." I frankly don't care what you think, I know what I have, and I don't appreciate know-it-all opinions, but there's always has to be a rotten one in every bunch. Oh well.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #27
wlee
Just an Old Mr Goodwrench

Quote:
Originally posted by Hooter
I dont know what you are talking aboot?
I mean seriously I have never heard anyone in our country say "aboot" before. But you must admit kraft diner kicks ass!
Mark Emery's little "coffee" shop in Vancouver ain't bad either
1992 Mazda Miata
wlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 07:50 PM   #28
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

72 step, Im a little puter "illiterate", so I wont try to pull up a quote. On the "something fishy about a 327" I would have to agree with Big jim.......the 327 never came from the factory with 4 bolt mains......if you have a 65 block, with 4 bolt mains , they were added, & Ill bet the outer 2 bolts on the caps are splayed! A 327 can also be built in a LJ block(350 4 bolt), & i have built them that way. Now, if you have popup pistons in a 327 with the fuelie heads........that was 11-1 comp ratio (Factory) on some of the vettes. I havent run your codes, & wont argue what the block is.......but something is different from stock. Trust me, a 327 with flattop pistons , & the 64 chamber fuelie heads will make that 9.5 ratio . I dont know it all, & I am sure Bigjim doesnt think he knows it all either......but i am D@mn sure about what i printed
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2002, 08:01 PM   #29
bigjimzlll

Geez..72 step..just trying to help out....since you and all of your experience probably out wieghs mine, I wont try to shed any light on your vette 327..as far as my little "stock" motor..it is a very mild toy, I have built a few others in my day. If you do a search on my name you will see that I am not a "BAD" apple. If you would like to insult me, You may PM me and Ill be glad to give you my phone number, hell Ill even give you my address.
Jim

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote