The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

what bag setup ?

I was wondering what an inexpressive air bag system would cost and where to get it.

Don’t need it to bounce the truck, but I don’t want to sacrifice safety and have suspension failure while driving. I don’t think I need an elaborate control system just something to raise all four corners when driving and to lay it down when parked. I would also prefer to mount the compressor and tank under hood or on the outside of the frame rails.

I’m currently running a c-notch with springs and 2 inch blocks and lowered spindles/springs in front. I have never thought about bags before and can’t find a FAQ for an entry level system. I was thinking of static bagging the rear if the whole system was out of my current budget.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

Last edited by jamis; 06-02-2007 at 02:53 PM.
jamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 AM   #2
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: what bag setup ?

to bag a truck, plan on spending around $1300 or so. You're already notched and blocked, so you could probably knock $200 off of that or so. ***************** is a good place to get everything you need. that's where i got all of my stuff.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
SCOTI

Re: what bag setup ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamis View Post
I was wondering what an inexpressive air bag system would cost and where to get it.

I don’t think I need an elaborate control system just something to raise all four corners when driving and to lay it down when parked. ..... I have never thought about bags before and can’t find a FAQ for an entry level system. I was thinking of static bagging the rear if the whole system was out of my current budget.
How about this..... If you want bags w/o the $$ outlay & don't mind not being in competition w/the 'Jone'es', PM me for the 411 (it's a little less than $1300 ).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-03-2007 at 03:41 AM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote