The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
mattsz
Account Suspended

Is this a Good replacement distribitor?

This is a BRAND NEW in the factory sealed box Procomp HEI distributor with full factory warranty. We are a Procomp Master Warehouse Distributor, please buy with confidence!

This is a BRAND NEW Procomp high performance HEI distributor, all components are brand new. BEWARE: other sellers selling cheap no name brand distributors claim the distributors they sell are brand new and then in their listings the say "THIS IS A TOTALY REVISED UNIT". Most or all of the cheap imported distributors have used components. We guarantee that every part of this distributor is brand new! This is NOT a cheap no name brand imported distributor like all the others being sold on Ebay!

Take a look at the Procomp HEI distributor difference:
Procomp HEI distributor Other HEI distributors sold on Ebay

BRAND NAME UNIT: This is a Procomp distributor made for high performance use. If someone does not want to put their name on a product what does that tell you? We do not claim that this distributor has the components and performance we say it does, PROCOMP DOES! NO BRAND NAME CHEAP DISTRIBUTORS: All other inexpensive HEI distributors sold on Ebay are cheap imports made with the cheapest materials and workmanship possible. Outrageous claims made by sellers on cheap distributors!
BRAND NEW PARTS: We guarantee that all the components of this distributor are 100% brand new. No revised units here. USED COMPONENTS: Most if not all the cheap imported distributors have used components in them, they are not 100% new!
CNC MACHINED SHAFT: the Procomp HEI has a beautiful CNC machined POLISHED to a mirror finish HEI distributor shaft. It is also at least 50% thicker than competitors shafts. CAST SHAFT: Again cheap, cheap, cheap.
HIGH PERFORMANCE RED CAP AND ROTOR: High performance cap with and rotor with brass terminals for maximum durability and spark. Provides STANDARD CAP AND ROTOR: Cheap aluminum terminals, rob you of spark energy and do not last!
HIGH PERFORMANCE MODULE: 100% new high performance low -saturation ignition module. Provides increased saturation time for the coil for more spark at all RPM ranges, especilly usefull on high winding small blocks. You will not loose spark energy over 5,000 RPM's with this nodule! STANDARD IGNITION MODULE: Cheapest module they can find and then they claim it is a high performance unit.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COIL: 100% new high performance 50,000 Volt coil. This is a true high performance coil that produces 50,000 volts spark through to 7,500 RPM. We are not going to say that our coil produces 65,000 volts because no such coil exists! It is an outright lie. BIG LIE COIL: All these other guys claim that they have a 65,000 volt coil, yeah right. There is no such thing, it has never existed, and will never exist. Most of these coils are just cheap coils that are not as good as a stock GM coil.
4340 CHROMEMOLY STEEL DISTRIBUTOR GEAR: 100% new 4340 chromemoly steel distributor gear for use with cast AND billet steel cams. CAST DISTRIBUTOR GEAR: Again cheapest they can find, can only be used with cast cams and they do not last!
100% TESTED BEFORE WE SHIP: We have a Sun distributor machine and we test every distributor we sell before we ship it to make sure you get a 100% working distributor with no issues. SOLD AS IS: Competitors distributors have never been tested.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: We are including installation instructions with every distributor we sell. NO INSTRUCTIONS: Few if any ompetitors include instructions with their distributors.
ADJUSTABLE VACUUM ADVANCE: The vacuum advance in this unit is adjustable! Vacuum advance will improve fuel economy, can be adjusted to eliminate detonation (ping) NON-ADJUSTABLE VACUUM ADVANCE: Vacuum advance can not be adjusted. If your engine pings when you connect the vacuum advance you have two choices, disconnect it let your fuel mileage deteriorate or buy an aftermarket adjustable unit and spend more money!

Fits the following engines:

- All small and big block Chevrolet V8 engines through 1986. Great upgrade for a stock HEI or a points distributor. Some early model cars may have some firewall clearance issues. Distributor is ready to run and comes with cap, rotor, coil, distributor body, gear, shaft, module, and instructions to finish your installation!

Part number Procomp 6001

PROCOMP PRO HEI ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTOR

Originally the HEI Distributor was a good economical plan with everything in one housing and easy installation however when it came to performance, it fell far short. That is why Procomp engineers designed a HEI Distributor along with a powerful ignition module and coil.

Prcomp engineers created a unique ignition module and internal coil that are capable of running above 9,000 RPM while Stock and other "performance" modules loose spark energy at about 5,500 RPM.

The Procomp module produces 50% more current than stock units and delivers a much more precise timing signal as well as dwell control. Tig welded to the top of the shaft is adjustable mechanical advance assembly.

The advance assembly features chrome moly weights for timing advance through the entire RPM range.

There is also an adjustable vacuum advance canister to improve economy while cruising. All of these features are enclosed in a great looking CNC machined housing for accuracy and incredible strength.

The distributor comes complete and ready to drop in with a high quality rotor and cap with brass terminals for great spark transfer. Simply connect a 12 volt source to the distributor and you're up and running.

Please email us with any questions you may have. We will be glad to answer all questions. Please look at our Ebay store for more auto, truck, and SUV accessories and performance parts.

Features:
- BEST REAL HIGH PERFORMANCE HEI DISTRIBUTOR SOLD ON EBAY: First this is a Procomp unit designed with high performance in mind. High performance coil, cap, rotor, module, chromemoly gear, adjustable vacuum advance, and factory style pig tail connectors. No better distributor can be bought on Ebay.

- 100% TESTED BEFORE WE SHIP: We have a Sun distributor machine and we test every distributor we sell before we ship it to make sure you get a 100% working distributor with no issues.
mattsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
RACINJASON22
GEARHEAD

Re: Is this a Good replacement distribitor?

They are perfectly fine dizzy's.

What are they asking for it or did I miss that some where in there?

There are a quite a few guys on here running them.

The reason I asked about the price is there are alot of different prices for this same item floating around on e-bay so "search well an prosper"

RJ22...

SUBSCRIBE HEREBOARD VENDORS HERE

NORWOOD MEET SURVIVOR!
RACINJASON22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
mattsz
Account Suspended

I found it on ebay. It is $44
Old 06-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #4
wibilly

that seems to cheap to be any good but if they are made of quality componits i could use a few
Old 06-03-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
GMCBubba

white performance (maybe ebay user skipwhite) sells some very similar items on ebay that several board members use. they seem to be pleased as far as i can tell
Old 06-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
Suicide-D

Location: Katy, TX...but the love of my life resides in Dublin,OH.

I bought the proform billet one a few years back. The control module didnt make it through my cam break in. The coil didnt last much longer and then I had to replace the magnetic pickup a few months later. I had some other issues with proform parts.... you get what you pay for.

Last edited by Suicide-D; 06-03-2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Jeep brain too early in the am...procomp = proform
Suicide-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #7
truckdude239

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCBubba View Post
white performance (maybe ebay user skipwhite) sells some very similar items on ebay that several board members use. they seem to be pleased as far as i can tell
thats who oi got mine from it looks great

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #8
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCBubba View Post
Skip White (Whiteperformance) is who that seller is bashing. I, like others here, are using whiteperformance HEI.
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.

Last edited by Sport/Truck; 06-03-2007 at 09:33 AM.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:40 AM   #9
kbs71
71 rustless in texas

I spent $25.00 for a GM HEI used out of a 93 1500, from a place here in Spring that specailizes in used engine parts. Bought the MSD Ultimate HEI kit for GM Ignitions Jegs P/N 121-8501 (it was on sale at the time for $98.00). A vacuum advance and spring only P/N 720-6010 (for $26.99). a HEI Vacuum Advance and Springs w/Weights, Camplate, and Bushings P/N 720-0611 (for 24.95) And a set of Smiley's spark plug wires (for $65.00). I have a total of 239.94. I never realized till now how much I spent upgrading that used GM HEI. It runs great ran it for 2 years before I parked the truck. After rebuliding it, it never gave me any trouble. I've know guys that have bought those $25.oo e-bay HEI's and are quire satisfied with them.

"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why"

71 C-10 LWB presently in a perpetual state of disassembly
'96 Toyota (my work car)
'04 Mustang Convertable (wife's car & other money pit)
Latest aquesition and why my trucks still in the garage covered with junk..
2010 Aqua Blue metallic 6 speed Manual LS3 2SS/RS Camaro (I want one of these in my truck

FAQ here

VENDORS here

SUPPORT THE BOARD here

My second favorite SITE
kbs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
mattsz
Account Suspended

Wil this help gas milage>?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #11
dave2953
Dave's not here, man

I think it helps mileage out a little bit, but I wouldn't expect to see any drastic improvements.
dave2953 is offline   Reply With Quote