The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #1
Billy Bad A$$

I need a pic of all stock gen 3 exhaust manifolds

Hello, i was hoping sumone had a pic of all the different factor exhaust manifold for gen 3, gen 4 motors(ls1,ls6,lt4.8,5.3,6.0, ls2 6.0) for corvettes, camaros, trucks, gto, etc... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Billy Bad A$$; 05-30-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Billy Bad A$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
68GenIII

Re: I need a pic of all stock gen 3 exhaust manifolds

Best I can do.
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #3
Hart_Rod

What motor mounts are you going to use?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Billy Bad A$$

I am researching all of this for work, a customer wants our shop to do the swap. We are leaning towards the ece engine mounts. It is a 68 gmc short wide, and he is thinking of a 5.3L 4L60e setup that my employer sells as complete packages with custom harness and also comes with alot of little stuff that you dont think of when you start the swap. We would be running the truck serpentine setup. I am really more interested in a truck manifold comparison. I am also interested in if who has used the truck motors and serp set up if the had stuck a stock truck A/c compressor setup in it and what they had to modify to get it to clear the frame. I do know the f-body compressor clears that i have found from my research, but trying to stay with truck setup as we have a surplus of truck parts available.

Last edited by Billy Bad A$$; 05-30-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
Hart_Rod

I used ECE motor mounts and no clearance issues with the a/c. 98 Fbody exhaust manifolds bolted on with no modifications.

R
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
Sandemonium
Proud owner of a 55.1 AD

I put in a 6.0L (LQ4) out of a full size van, I used ECE motor mounts, had to clearance the frame a little where the compressor is mounted.

Was not able to use stock manifolds, I tried using a set of LS2 manifolds, but also they did not fit. Thanks to Shifty and others I used a set of '98 manifolds off of an F-Body and they fit nice.

Good luck with the swap....
Sandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
68GenIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandemonium View Post
I put in a 6.0L (LQ4) out of a full size van, I used ECE motor mounts, had to clearance the frame a little where the compressor is mounted.

Was not able to use stock manifolds, I tried using a set of LS2 manifolds, but also they did not fit. Thanks to Shifty and others I used a set of '98 manifolds off of an F-Body and they fit nice.

Good luck with the swap....
How far along are you with your swap? I would love to see it in person, it would help me get motivated!!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
shifty
Questionable

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa...ap/photos.html

Read that. This is the article where the pic above came from. There is a lot of other great documentation on the web regarding these swaps, no doubt!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
Billy Bad A$$

Sorry guys for not responding faster. My shop hasnt done the swap yet, the customer is still not sure if he wants to spend that kind of money yet. We figured it is going to take a full week in our shop for me to do it, and after you figurer buying the engine and trans and us putting it in it would cost roughly around $7500-$8500, or so my boss has told me. I am keeping my fingers crossed because i really want to do this swap and document it as well. Oh by the way i forgot to tell you guys that the truck is a 68 swb 50anniversary truck, so how cool would that be after its done! Oh and Sandemonium could you post a pic of your compreesor mounted in the frame and how you made it work.