The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
bmoebonanza76

1976 bonanza

Hey hi just joined wanted to tell everyone hello. I just purchased a 1976 chevy bonanza k10 with a 400 engine. It was my grandpa's truck for the almost last 20 years and then my dad bought it and now I have it. he made me pay him 200 bucks for it. She's rusty and Dented runs a little ruff she's been a farm truck the some 20 odd years I've known her. my grandpa bought her when I was probably 5 or 6 and i'm 28 now. We had to drive about two hours to pick her up when we bought it back in like 1986 on the way home from the dealer we ran out of gas cause the tanks wouldn't switch and then then had to be towed to a shop and then got that fixed and she wouldn't start cause the battery was shot. Nice dealer huh other then that she always ran great for years but is now showing her age. I hope to rebuild the 400 engine get some new fender and interior and put her back in shape again. She has all the options tilt, trans cooler cargo light is a heavy half and the chromed out trim. I was wondering how rare is a bonanza she's the only other one here in south dakota I've ever seen found very little about bonanza's online just that they were a year end packaged option deal. Anyways She's still on my parents farm so i'll have to get some pics and you can all tell me if $200 bucks was a good deal or not.
bmoebonanza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
tyjoja

Re: 1976 bonanza

welcome, this is a great site for what you have in mind. I'm fixing up a 73 short wide and it was real plain jane, so I bought a 1976 bonanza parts truck for the tilt steering column and mostly the power steering gear and pump. Also got the front end stablizing bar. It has no motor or tranny and is pretty thrased, but rolls. I'm just kind of hanging on to it in case I need to steal anything else off of it. Let me know if you need anything bonanza specific and I'll try to help you out. lol Bob
tyjoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
bmoebonanza76

Re: 1976 bonanza

Yeah thanks for the offer as I get deeper into the project I'll let you know if there is anything I need. It's in suprisingly good shape for being a farm pickup all it's life luckly for me there are two pickups sitting out in the neibors feild that i need to ask if I can just have so i think I can get a good box out of those cause mine is pretty shot. Also i'm gonna have my dad wheel and deal on a two wheel drive 3/4 ton he wantes the engine out of i want the body so out of like 4 pickups maybe I can get one in pretty good shape. But if I need something bonanza I know who to get ahold of
bmoebonanza76 is offline   Reply With Quote