The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #51
66skylarkpost

Re: I think I need a new bumper

this all gives you all the idea and fear of someone driving up behind you and ruining your day and destroying a beloved toy , quick . i am almost scared now to get out my skylark even though the weather is sweet and summer is here . i hope my 455 buick powered 72 stepside wont break me on gas to drive it now everyday until this project gets finished , wait a minute do i ever finish anything
Attached Images

'70 k-10 longbox- mid 70's drivetrain 350/350 487x heads 10.1:1 flowmasters ,35's 3.73's auburn posi ,rear shackle flip. '72 short stepside U.S. forestry truck, '73 455 buick,400 turbo,dropped 2"-4 1/4" ,3.07 posi,:'89 silverado 1500 ,OK truck ,5.7 holley tbi ,trick 700r4 3.07 auburn posi ,and my '66 skylark ,'73 centurion and my '84 monte carlo imca stock car
66skylarkpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #52
71chevylowrider

Sky? YOu did all the repeirs on that? Nice work!! Oh & another thing you might ask your self, can a guy ever have too many trucks? The Skylark by the way is one of the nicest I've ever seen.
71chevylowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #53
66skylarkpost

its all been me ! i got more chevys, buicks and parts , oh my .and a imca stock car . all i need is a hot nympho wife with alot of money and loves to spend it on me , and has to like racing and chevy's , i know its alot to ask . lol thanks on the skylark -steve
Attached Images

'70 k-10 longbox- mid 70's drivetrain 350/350 487x heads 10.1:1 flowmasters ,35's 3.73's auburn posi ,rear shackle flip. '72 short stepside U.S. forestry truck, '73 455 buick,400 turbo,dropped 2"-4 1/4" ,3.07 posi,:'89 silverado 1500 ,OK truck ,5.7 holley tbi ,trick 700r4 3.07 auburn posi ,and my '66 skylark ,'73 centurion and my '84 monte carlo imca stock car

Last edited by 66skylarkpost; 06-04-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 PM   #54
71chevylowrider

I love the Skylark! I'm not even that much of a buick fan other then the Bad boy GS, & the really cool old riviera's, but now I've got to include that white beauty you have, very cool, very classy, but, it looks like your more of a truck guy, you ever consider moving out here? We're all about trucks, flannel shirts, steelhead/Salmon & sturgeon fishing & strip clubs up here buddy, your always welcome, I've never been in the NE part of the country, but I have a close friend who lives by me that's from out that way, I think the Portland Maine area, but he was born & grew up in another maine town, he watched the Red Sox game last night & was almost in tears afterwards & it's not even a play off game?
Old 06-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #55
66skylarkpost

thats cool ive had that skylark for about 13 years , i had a 70 gs in high school before that ,also
have a nice 73 centurion with a 70 455 and lots of motors and parts . but , ne - is nebraska ,south central , town called kearney . i like it here desent weather , alittle of everything . and a good job working at a commercial printing compant running a a.b. dick press . -Steve

Last edited by 66skylarkpost; 06-04-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #56
71chevylowrider

Cool, I guess only a Moron would think NE meant New England huh? Man you got lots of vehicles, take it easy.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #57
66skylarkpost

yeah thanks , storage is a ***** !
Old 06-04-2007, 11:54 PM   #58
low'n slow
Too Dumb To Know Better

Ada County drivers suck!
low'n slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #59
danny's 72 superchey
Danny's 72 superchey

Roger, i'm really sorry, about the accident. I'm glad your going to be ok! Your truck can be fixed, people are a different story. Take the time to do the correct parts locating, and don't get inferior parts. Insurance companies want to settle claims quickly, so don't settle, until your sure that your ok, physically. Make sure you get checked out by your doctor, i can't emphasize this enough, as it is important, to document your condition, in case something turns up, later.
I'll give you a call, later today, to check up on you. Take care, i'll be thinking about you. Later, Dan
danny's 72 superchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #60
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevylowrider View Post
and maybe some other hidden damage repaired too, I was sitting at a light today & all the sudden a car behind me slammed into me, I never saw it coming, both other parties were hurt & had to be taken to the hospital, (Back & Neck injuries). I was upset that i got hit, I jumped out of the truck & went back & when I heard the lady behind me crying, & she said, I'm sorry, he hit me & pushed me into you! I instantly felt bad for her, she was hurt & was upset & crying, I didn't care about the truck anymore, she tried to get out of her car & with a calm voice I told her she should try to stay still in her seat & rest her head against the headrest & try not to move it around much until the paramedics can asses how badly your hurt. I then checked on the guy in the van behind her that blasted hre into me, he was in better shape but was hurt also, man, you never know when something like this can happen, I was just sitting there on my way to portland to buy a bench seat from a board member (GMCJIM) I wasn't looking in my rearview mirror so I never saw it coming, my elbow hurts, my back's a little stiff, and my truck is built like a brick wall. Luckily everyone will eventually be okay, & thank god the guy in the van has insurance!
Everyone be safe out there!
Glad you are okay cause I work in a Hospital and see what peple look like when they come into emergency after an accident. I see you have high back seats in your truck. Do you think they may have saved your neck from snapping way back?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #61
watahyahknow

thats wat causes the famous whiplash no docter can find but a lot of people use to get big claims from the person driving intoo them

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #62
71chevylowrider

Hey thanks Dan, I appreciate it, good thing I wasn't driving your big ol Longhorn or they would have gotton hurt worse huh?

You know alredygone i was thinking they probably did save me from getting a neck injury/whiplash, I mean the impact felt like the back wheels came off the ground, I know they didn't, but that car hit the truck pretty hard. SHe is out of the hospital & doing better but still really, really sore. Thank you everyone for all the sympathy & well wish's.

Oh Dan, I wanted to tell you I'm taking the truck to Roger's Auto body up on St. Johns blvd. They painted the truck & they do great work & specialize in restorations of Hot Rods/classic vehicles, the insurance appraiser guy said he had no problem with Roger's estimate of $2,400 except he will write on the paper work open ended in case more damage is found during tear down, and he has worked with Roger's auto body before & has respect for their shop, he also loved my truck & said he used to work on these back when they first came out, pretty cool huh?
The bummer is I'm planning to put an original bench seat back in it that won't have the head rest's, with the sub wall behind the seat I can't lean this one back far enough to lean the back back to a comfortable position without moving the whole seat too far forward, & the seat backs are rubbing against the paint below the window, & the headrest's are rubbing agains my tinted back window.

Last edited by 71chevylowrider; 06-07-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #63
watahyahknow

put a chrome bar across the window and mount headrests on that

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
Old 06-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #64
danny's 72 superchey
Danny's 72 superchey

Roger, sorry i forgot to call you. Were busy getting ready to go to spokane, for my sons college graduation.
I hope all is going better now than the last time we talked. How are you feeling? Did you go to the dr"s. to get checked out. How is the battle with the insurance company coming, as to getting your truck fixed. I sure hope you don't run into alot of hassels. Let me know how its going, were leaving on wed. morning. I'm thinking about you, all my best. Dan
Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #65
GREASEMONKEY72

i just got done readin all the posts and im glad to hear youre doing good and the the lady in the car is doin good to, a buddy of mine has a car just like heres only red (99 mecury cougar) sucks to see and hear about your truck though and i hope its nothing to serious and can be fixed easley, keep us all updated

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME
GREASEMONKEY72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #66
fourty1

Say,..71Chevylowrider, & others...
glad things are working on the positive side for a change..
but your 'high back (buckets?) , got me thinking, i have the standard bench, that just by
reading this fine thread, i'm ready for a change...

# 1. Question; What are they out of ( if from a donor vehicle) ?
# 2. What high backs( bench or otherwise ) are favorites..
I'm looking to ' save my neck & my KIDS !"
Thanks Jim
Attached Images

1967 Chevy 3/4 ton standard bed, 350 cu./400 auto,
w/ 83 - 3:43 rear end...sips gas....

Last edited by fourty1; 06-10-2007 at 12:52 PM.
fourty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:44 PM   #67
71chevylowrider

Hey fourty1, I sent you a pm
Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #68
danny's 72 superchey
Danny's 72 superchey

Roger, well were back from spokane. We had a great trip, my son graduated with a 3.99 gpa. He made the college pres. honor roll. He got a degree in software development, with certificates in, net developer, computer science certificate, web design, web devloper. I'm awfully proud of him, the world is now his oyster, we'll see if he can make any pearls.
How are you doing? Are your aches&pains subsiding? I sure hope so. Hows the truck coming? Is it fixed yet?
I continue to work the bugs out of the elky, i hope to have it running by this weekend. Meanwhile i am working on the z car, in the hopes of freeing up the garage, for yes you guessed it a full off resto. of my 72. I decided while writing this to do it. This means taking the whole truckapart, and going thru it, by nut&bolt. That should keep me busy, for quite a spell.
Well thats about it except to wish you a happy fathers day, a day late. I hope you had an enjoyable day. All for now, Dan
Old 06-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #69
streetstar

I wish i saw this thread 2 weeks ago when it happened --- i am an insurance adjuster (i normally handle property insurance claims, but i have worked enough auto claims to know the basics)

I hope this thing has worked itself out coverage wise-- but it looks like the van was an older model, so he may have been carrying the state required minimum amount of insurance only--- which might not be very high .

In cases like this where he only has enough to cover the Cougar , your insurance company could step in (but you would still be charged a deductible)- and they would eventually sue the driver of the van in an attempt to reclaim the claim amount plus your deductible. But in the case of a no-fault collision, it should not affect your rates or coverage.

And you may be thinking - why dont they cover mine and let the cougar driver mess with this? --- coverage usually goes from order of impact --- as well, the driver of the Cougar's liability coverage may be able to apply under her policy as well if the van driver's liability is not enough. (Geez - even if its totalled a- a 5-8 year old Cougar can't be worth more than 6 or 7 grand - tops)

I don't mean to hijack the thread , but this brings me to another point ----- many of us probably don't carry enough insurance. A restored or hot-rodded old truck is a specialty vehicle. If it gets taken out in a traffic accident, you cant just go to a dealership and order a new one. If your truck is nice, try to have it appraised and have it insured on appraised , or "declared" value. Then you won't run into a situation where some insurance dweeb calls your truck a total because of a $2000 fender bender. Then you have to buy it back , and it might be stuck with a salvage title for life.
Yeah, it sucks because more insurance costs more money, but its better to put off that mini-blower, or belt kit or whatever for another couple of months to get better coverage if you don't have it already, because once one of these trucks is gone , its gone for good, not to mention countless nights and weekends worth of sweat and love.

Stay safe out there
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 AM   #70
71chevylowrider

Hey thanks Streetstar, you are right, I don't have the truck insured for it's real value, I'm gonna re-do my policy when all this is done, my insurance co. is taking care of me pretty good, I did have to fight with them about the deductable, they wanted $500 for collision, I told them my policy is $500 for collision, whick i did not cause, but it also has only a $200 duductable for underinsured motorist, they said that's for someone who didn't have insurance, I said well....it says underinsured (like the guy in the van) it doesn't say un-insured. So I'm hoping it will only cost me $100 out of pocket at this point, since all iwas doing was minding my own busisness sitting at a light.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #71
watahyahknow

i agree with streetstar on that one , i had said about the same but didnt knew the correct words/terms for it (im not englisch ) apraizing youre jewel is a good idea , not just incase it gets hit but allso in case it gets stolen or when the house/garage burns to the ground and you cant show the insurance wat a good car/truck it was (this is eazier when you still have the truck in somewat the same state it was in like after an accident )

Old 06-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #72
71chevylowrider

very good point whatdoyaknow, I will take your advice when the truck is back to in good condition, I did luck out on the aprassier guy who came to take pictures of it, he's a big fan of 67-72's & he said he used to work on them when they first came out, & the lady I deal with on the phone in the office said hey thats a "beautiful truck you have" so she must have seen the pic's he took, I'm gonna stay with Liberty NW, this is the first time I've had to use them & so far they've ben great to deal with.

HHmmmm... I always wanted to visit the netherlands, heard some good stories, I've owned 3 Keeshond's, great dogs!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM   #73
streetstar

Some of you guys might think this is bizarre, but i live in Oklahoma, which is tornado country --- and being in the insurance biz, i think "worst case scenario" way too much

One of my non-running trucks has "builders insurance" on it for $3 grand -- the policy didnt cost much, because the truck is not driven yet. But the way it works is , as i make progress to the truck, i keep the agent posted with my documentation and he raises the limits as i progress. This is basically for the frame and cab, i have a motor and tranny built for it and sitting on a shelf, while it is on the shelf, those items are covered under homeowners insurance as contents, -- but once i install them, they are part of the auto , and i will tell my agent to raise the policy max to 7 or 8g or so (this raises the premium as well), and on and on until it is driveable, at which point it will be appraised and insured appropriately------

This sounds like a lot of hassle , and i agree, it kind of is, but it is not as expensive as it sounds unless your old cruiser is also a daily driver. Since my truck will be a weekend toy with an occasional long trip thrown in, i was informed that the coverage will most likely be much less than i am paying for my daily driver now.

And for now, if a tornado or flood comes and takes out my place, --- the project truck is covered
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 PM   #74
watahyahknow

whell i know wat dogs you mean , a girlfriend of mine had one real funny animal could walk past 15 persons and if the person was a cop he would grab its ankle , wasnt even trained to do that it just didnt liked cops .
when you do visit the netherlands try to do it during one of the holiday's here like queenmothersday or liberationday , there lots of festivities in the towns then lotsa food lotsah second hand stuff there selling on free markets in about all the streets , as for the amsterdam redlight district there closing down a lot of clubs that they suspect have conections with the underworld (maffia) its kinda dying out so if you want to see that you better hurry , weed is kindah legal buying it in a coffeshop and smoking it here is normal , they did put laws down about not smoking in public buildings like cofeeshops and bars so you have to do that in the street or somewhere private .

Last edited by watahyahknow; 06-18-2007 at 12:21 PM.