The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Shak

Need help! C10 or C20

I am interested in getting a 67-72 truck as a project for my son and I. I would like a C10 for its collectability. I am having a hard time finding one that fits my mechanical abilities, but there are a ton of C20's. Can the C20's be lowered just like the C10's, or are there considerations I am not aware of. I would assume drop spindles and lowering springs would be the same on each, but I am worried about suspension differences that aren't so apparent. In fact, I'm interested in any differences that aren't so apparent. You have a great web site, which has already proven very helpful towards our ultimate goal. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
BB72CHEVKT

Re: Need help! C10 or C20

from Texas. I wish my Dad was that cool when I was a kid. I hope my girls take interest someday. Spend as much time as you can with your kids cuz you never know when someone might get hit by a bus!!

Last edited by BB72CHEVKT; 06-19-2007 at 06:06 PM.
BB72CHEVKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
Chevelle454

I think you can lower them just as easily but the parts may be a little more expensive for the 3/4 ton. I plan on lowering my C20 eventually...

1972 C10
1972 C20
Chevelle454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Imacarguytoo

You can convert a c20 to a c10. Ya gotta learn sometime how to work on something. This site is a huge help. Ask away and you shall recieve.
'51 Jeep Cj3a "Willys" 350 V8
Imacarguytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
my67C10

PMed
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

WELCOME!! Shak,since I don't know how much mechanical ability you have I would suggest first reading a lot of the posts.The FAQ's will have lots of stuff on the mechanical part and there should be some on the body stuff also.Nothing on these trucks is High Tech so it's just a matter of applied mechanics.There are tons of knowledgable people on this BB who have started with as little or less know how than you already have.In fact most of them started out not being able to go to the bathroom by themselves and worked their way up.One of the $$$ rules in classic trucks/cars is"Always start with the best body you can,for every $ spent up front you will save yourself some coin down the road".This remains true unless you want to or are willing to do body work.All of the mechanicals and most body parts are available for these trucks and we have BB vendors all over the US.Most of the questions you will ask have been dealt with by members before so we can help with answers.Don't be offended if someone suggests you search the FAQ's for info or for a more complete write-up to adress you ?'s since many of them are very comprehensive and may give details we would overlook in a standard reply.
As an additional note there are many used parts and some complete trucks needing new homes.They can be found in the classifieds.
If you have the means please consider supporting the BB by becoming a subscriber.It will be the best $25.00 you ever spend on one of these trucks.There is a link at the top of the page.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
Shak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
WELCOME!! Shak,since I don't know how much mechanical ability you have I would suggest first reading a lot of the posts.The FAQ's will have lots of stuff on the mechanical part and there should be some on the body stuff also.Nothing on these trucks is High Tech so it's just a matter of applied mechanics.There are tons of knowledgable people on this BB who have started with as little or less know how than you already have.In fact most of them started out not being able to go to the bathroom by themselves and worked their way up.One of the $$$ rules in classic trucks/cars is"Always start with the best body you can,for every $ spent up front you will save yourself some coin down the road".This remains true unless you want to or are willing to do body work.All of the mechanicals and most body parts are available for these trucks and we have BB vendors all over the US.Most of the questions you will ask have been dealt with by members before so we can help with answers.Don't be offended if someone suggests you search the FAQ's for info or for a more complete write-up to adress you ?'s since many of them are very comprehensive and may give details we would overlook in a standard reply.
As an additional note there are many used parts and some complete trucks needing new homes.They can be found in the classifieds.
If you have the means please consider supporting the BB by becoming a subscriber.It will be the best $25.00 you ever spend on one of these trucks.There is a link at the top of the page.
I am starting to learn that this BB is all inclusive. I am trying to find a relatively straight, rust free truck to start with, but here is sunny southern California, the prices can be steep. I'll take my time and I'm sure I'll find exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the advice, and my subscription will be coming soon.
Shak is offline   Reply With Quote