The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
bad ass chevy

blazer bed side measurments

i got me a lwb 67-72 truck truck,gota get it out of a field but my plans are to cut the bedsides down and weld them to the cab,i need to know how much to cut to make it the same as a blazer,it doesnt have motor in it right now and im gona bag it asap do i need to z the frame to lay 20s maybe 22s but most likly just some 20s?thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: blazer bed side measurments

There is way too much here to even start on. You can search the threads on the truck board for shortening a long bed to short bed. The process would be similar, but a Blazer is even shorter and has a different frame set up. You may be better off starting with the blazer and putting a truck cab section on it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
bad ass chevy

Re: blazer bed side measurments

well see i no it would be beter to start with blazer but i cant find any junk blazers around here and the ones i do find are restored and cost $$$$$$ plus i got this truck gave to me for some work...im gona be building the frame from the cab back most likly and cuting the top of,slanting winshield and some other stuff i was jus wondering if i needed to z the frame or could i just make a new crossmember in the front.and i need the blazer measurments but if sure i can find that...i could probaly tell if i needed to z the frame if the truck was at my house now but its still in the field..it needs motor so i was thankin before i put a motor in it i could go ahead and z the frame or redo the crossmember but if i can get away with just doing the crossmember it be great