The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #26
Thealien

Re: Buyers remorse!!

I also want to keep the stock suspension and a few have lifts etc that I am not interested in. Like your blazer which I stated earlier is beautiful I want it like it was made.

Was your truck in the condition it is in when you bought it? If so pretty nice find

Last edited by Thealien; 06-22-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Added
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #27
67Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
look at mine (link in signature.) I paid just slightly less than you did about 4 years ago. The soft top came a year later.

Here are a couple others - http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/357020455.html
This one has a lot of issues that raise red flags with me. It was for sale a couple weeks ago at a car lot. The side moldings aren't lame roll on stuff and I remember several other issues that made me ponder the quality of the "restoration" and the integrity of the seller. No A/C either.
I called on it when they had it on the car lot (almost 2 months ago, I think). Engine and tranny both leak, has no A/C or power brakes. The owner couldn't tell me how old the resto is, and he finally did say there is rust in the drivers door.

I then see it has sold(?), and the new buyer(?) wanted $10K 3 weeks ago on Craigslist. Then it went on Ebay, $10,500 buy it now, $6,700 highest bid. Back on Craigslist for $7500. I emailed just for kicks and now there is no rust, and the engine and tranny magically no longer leak.

I would probably stay away from it also.
67Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #28
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
Was your truck in the condition it is in when you bought it? If so pretty nice find
Yes. I bought it from a board member. He bought it from another board member who bought it from the original owner. The two between me and the original didn't own it very long. It had 103K miles when I bought it. I now have 124K. Someday soon, it will undergo a complete restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Steven
I called on it when they had it on the car lot (almost 2 months ago, I think). Engine and tranny both leak, has no A/C or power brakes. The owner couldn't tell me how old the resto is, and he finally did say there is rust in the drivers door.

I then see it has sold(?), and the new buyer(?) wanted $10K 3 weeks ago on Craigslist. Then it went on Ebay, $10,500 buy it now, $6,700 highest bid. Back on Craigslist for $7500. I emailed just for kicks and now there is no rust, and the engine and tranny magically no longer leak.

I would probably stay away from it also.
I'd probably stay away from it too. There were a lot of sketchy things about it and I got the same run around as you when it was at the car lot. Now I just keep watching it reappear and the story changes each time.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #29
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncytruck View Post
Yes. I bought it from a board member. He bought it from another board member who bought it from the original owner. The two between me and the original didn't own it very long. It had 103K miles when I bought it. I now have 124K. Someday soon, it will undergo a complete restoration.
Does it need a resto? Looks pretty clean in the pictures.

If I had a garage to use (someday) I would take mine to the frame, do it once and do it right.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #30
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Thealien. Looking at those rigs and what you have, I think you paid a fair price. Shipping is a huge factor. There is a lot more of these trucks on the west coast and in good shape. I don't know where you're at, but if you're on the east coast, just is a huge, huge issue. More and more west coast trucks (and collector cars in general) are being shipped back east.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:50 PM   #31
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thealien View Post
Does it need a resto? Looks pretty clean in the pictures.

If I had a garage to use (someday) I would take mine to the frame, do it once and do it right.
The paint looks good from 10 feet. When you get up close, it has chips and scratches. I have a few minor dents and tons of dings in the trim. The seats are nice, but the front seats aren't the original covers. The rear seat is aging on the corners from the sun. The rubber flooring needs replacing. The transmission has a leak and it could use a good undercarrage cleaning.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #32
Thealien

Yup, Mass

I worked in Washington state for the first five months of the year and looked at as many as I could working 6 days a week ten hours a day. I did look at a dozen trucks though.

I have a 2000 Harley road glide with 90,000 miles on it, yeah I like to ride. If I hadn't found this one I was probably going to take a trip to AZ, CA, ??? And see what I could find while enjoying the scenery. And if I found a truck I would have trailered the bike home or shipped the truck.

I guess part of my remorse justified or not is I am NOT DRIVING THE TRUCK RIGHT NOW!! I am pretty mechanically inclined but I wanted a good mechanic/friend of mine to just take care of the leaks, flexplate and a couple of small issues. I'll have it in a week or two. Since it is not my needed vehicle breakdowns get preference and my price is reflected in my flexibility.

I will post more detailed pics when I have it. Top comes off first
Old 06-23-2007, 03:25 AM   #33
DURRTY
USMC

dont take it so far man!! yes its hard earned money but THEY ARE ALMOST 40 YEARS old!!!!!! the better shape the more money and the better shape the owner THINKS its in the more money. shipping and traveling for one ?? only if you really want one and don't/cant want to work on it.

My Dad told me YOU CAN NOT POLISH A TURD..... you can try and try but at the end of the day.. you still have a piece of SH....t

so dont buy a turd?? LOL
Old 06-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #34
jlmerie

Thealien, did you buy the Jimmy from a Doctor, named Keith? I went and looked at some Blazers locally and talked to a guy who described a GMC just like yours in Mass.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #35
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmerie View Post
Thealien, did you buy the Jimmy from a Doctor, named Keith? I went and looked at some Blazers locally and talked to a guy who described a GMC just like yours in Mass.

Yes
Old 06-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #36
prairewolf

Cool Re: Buyers remorse!!

I use a $100 month rule to help me find my happy place when I buy a vehicle.

1000$ car should last 10 months, 2000$ should last 20 months. etc.

if it goes something like that for me i have had a cheap lease, so to speak.

cost averaging thing.

all vehicles cost money.

enjoy yours for the next 7 yrs and it wont owe you anything.

nice rig.

life is good,kent
prairewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #37
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

Here's mine. bought for $500 7 years ago. It's a daily driver( minus repair time) rebuilt 350, rebuilt transmission, 4 inch Lift and new tires/rims, replaced entire brake system, new steering box, and rewired entire truck. I did everthing but the trans. I've got about $12.000 into it. It still needs rust repair/paint and interior.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #38
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Thumbs up Re: Buyers remorse!!

Hey nice truck,

Looks in pretty good shape. Wonder what that would price out new? Looks pretty reasonable now does't it. You would not even get a second look with a new one either.

The important thing is it is all yours and the fun is about to begin. What you mentioned about the truck that is kinda bothering you is really nothing as it's all fixable. In the last week my alternator had to be rebuilt, an upper A Arm shaft and bushings had to be replaced so I can get a wheel alignment and I replaced the voltage regulator today. I took my 70 out for a test drive (she ran great) and I was off in my own little world again.

I guess what I'm trying ro say is this is cheap theropy. You have bought more then a 30 plus year old truck. Enjoy your truck I think it's a great buy!!!

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote