The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #1
scotty101

Parts storage?

What is the best way to store parts of your truck while you are workin on other parts? i am busy stripping it down to the frame and i want to store my parts (front clip, box, hood and other larger items) how can i do this with out havin to worry about worping them? what is the best way store an engine if i dont have an engine mount? thanks
scotty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
RustMaster87

Re: Parts storage?

The most important thing for me when working on my projects is keeping them off of the wet grass. Since I do not have enough room in my garage, I have to cover my parts outside, on wooden pallets, with a tarp over them. When parts sit in tall grass, they seem to rust pretty quick here in the northeast. For the front clip, I would break it down to individual pieces and make sure there is no rust or previous body work that needs help in areas you otherwise could not see if it were assembled.

By the way, wooden pallets are usually free at local lumber yards/supply houses.

Last edited by RustMaster87; 06-25-2007 at 08:12 PM.
RustMaster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
scotty101

Re: Parts storage?

well i have inside storage but i am wondering if i should lay them flat or lean them against something standing up. i am just trying to prevent worpin of the fenders. i read somewhere that hanging them with cause them to become deformed so i was just curious if other ways of storage would do the same.
scotty101 is offline   Reply With Quote