The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
sb69chevy

PS Pressure hose revisited

Was working on putting on the new pressure hose, but the one I got to fit requires a male adapter on the pump. Because of this, the metal part of the hose hits on the motor mount and I can't seem to get it started. If I could find a hose w/ the male fitting on both sides, I don't think I'd have this problem. Also, anyone have a pic of how your hoses are routed? Sorry if this has been posted before and I missed it. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Re: PS Pressure hose revisited

I noticed the same thing with my '70. Not for sure what year the donor was for the pump, got from a picknpull. THe old hose has the male tube-nut on both ends. The 4X4 steering hose (in the parts store pic) has the male on both ends, but not sure if it would fit the truck, not tried it yet. If nothing else, get the right male tube-nut, cut the line, and reflare it(putting the nut on first). Thats my plan if the 4X4 hose won't fit.

Good luck.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
sb69chevy

Well, finally got it in today. Had to bend the metal portion a bit forward and toward the ds fender. After I got it started onto the adapter, it was easy. I'm not sure if the routing of the hose is correct, but it works nonetheless...finally. I seriously considered cutting and reflaring just as you said, just didn't have the flaring tool. Let me know how it goes.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #4
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

a medium/heavy duty truck shop should be able to make one up for you , some around here will do it . what about a napa can they make hoses?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
jgrh64
Prestige member Old Farts Club

Don't know if you got it on but I went through it today , bought my hose from autozone online and what I found was the new one wasn't bent exactly same as old one so I just carfully tweaked it so they matched up. I put the box side on first but not tight and then wrestled with the pump side- it fit running the same as original but JUST fit with allot of Sunday school words like H#$% and Da%^ and oh Jesus!
Old 06-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Nice to hear it worked for ya.

Could not find anyone around here that builds PS hoses. Almost built my own from AN fittings from a local speed shop, had some metric/o-ring to AN adapters. But then found the Lee inserts.

STill trying to get a crank pully, thought I found someone with one, but was a long water pump.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote