The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

Questions On Parts

im not selling anything on here,,just askign questions..well with everythting that is going on with my 84gmc,,not the truck, the title issues,,so instead of waiting and hopeing they dont come get it..im pulling the 454 for my 68 gmc.. if i part it out,, except the cab, because i need the vin& title, what does a good lwb bed bring now adays..the last bed i bought years ago cost me 400.00..do they still bring aound that much, what about good clean doors, and hoods.. once i have an idea iw ill list it in the parts section..
billy
Old 07-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
shadetree

Re: Questions On Parts

I read your earlier post, and really feel for you. As for value on parts, it's strictly a supply and demand situation, which is further complicated by shipping/handling issues. IF there is someone in your immediate area needing the cab/bed/ect, $250 to 500 is "fair" for a cab, and the bed @ $400 is about right. If the guy needing that stuff is several hundred miles away, shipping can (will?) eat up the value.
This legal issue you have, I think you need professional advice. Any attempt to alter/negate the value of that note security may put you in a bad position. This lawyer you need, may save you thousands of dollars, plus keep you out of jail.
I hate to be negative, but some lenders can get very nasty.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

no i own the truck,,there is no loan on it..but she has bill collectors taking her to court,, they said in a letter that she cant sell, loan or borrow anything..and the lawyer said well they may come into your house and access your stuff...i told him by god there will be a killing then..i will never loan another vechile to anybody to put in there name..i been with this woman for 9 miserable yrs,,now i guess its gonna cost me my baby..but im gettign even,,the truck her dad just gave us,,is going into my name,,lol,,its worth more than the 84,,plus im keeping the 454 out of the 84..but then i may send the 84 out of town to..if they want me for comtempt,,hell it 3 hots and a cot...
been there done that..no big deal...just depends on wether or not im mad when she has to go to court...and the lawyer said since its not worth 2500 they may not take it,,but they may...now i may give them the truck minus the motor, they may get a frame sitting on the ground with a cab with vin number and matching title..just depends on wether i get mad about this
Old 07-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
benoit454
Chris

Haul the sombeech away and say it was sold awhile back lol.

Or did they already know it wasn't sold when they started talking trash about coming and accessing crap?

GIT R DONE!!!!!!

Check out all our rides,
http://www.cardomain.com/id/benwa454
benoit454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

untill i go to court with her i honestly dont know what they know...i will probably wait to pull the motor until the say they want it,,then im gonna try to bs my way out of it and say i blew the motor then gave it away...lol...if i can keep it,,then im not stripping it,,if not,,then well what ever they get left is what they get...lol
billy
Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
Blackstone

I don't know who her creditors are, but I doubt they'll touch anything they have to put wheels on or put a motor in just to get a grand or so at auction. I just don't see it happening. Even if they know that the truck is in her possession, they can't prove that it was a complete running vehicle. Take the heart away and I guarantee they will want nothing to do with the corpse that remains.
Blackstone is offline   Reply With Quote