The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
b.sharp

Help needed removing head light switch.

For the life of me I can't get this thing off. I have looked for a screw, tried turning the stem/knob, and have tried tapping the crome ring on the outside around. All I have managed to do is tare the crome ring up. Will someone please assist me with how to remove this item. Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Bryan
b.sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
poncho_villa

Re: Help needed removing head light switch.

Try reaching up under the dash and feel to the top of the switch....you should find a button that is about 1/4" high and spring loaded. depress it and gently pull the knob out..might hafta wiggle it, and talk nice, but it should slide out. And then the chrome bezel.....sounds like you got that one sorted out. Good luck and let us know how you made out.
poncho_villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #3
b.sharp

Hey poncho,

That worked like a charm. I couldn't find that info in my build book anywhere. I did see the little sping button on top while looking for a screw behing it. Once the button was out of the way I used a large screw driver to get that chrome ring out of the way. Thanks for the assistance, greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get the cab stripped of parts so I can have it media blasted. That was one thing in my way that is no longer there. I think all that is left is the wiper assembly. I have lots of holes to weld up and pleanty of things to do.

Thanks again,
Bryan
Old 07-14-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
poncho_villa

Great...Glad to be of help. With reading your other posts, it sounds like you are at the beginning of a sweet build. Keep us aware and don't forget about your camera.
poncho_villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:53 PM   #5
b.sharp

The camera works good and I have some decent pics. I just haven't figured out how to attach them yet. They may be to big in size. I might have to reduce the pixel size to get them to post.

As for the truck I boght it last summer. It ran but had a bad back fire through the carb. It had a car motor, tranny and rear end in it. I took the motor out to tear it down and figure out what was wrong. It appeared to be a very low milage engine (with a bad cam) and tranny. So I started building the engine. I went back and fourth on 2wd or 4wd. I don't have a large budget for this truck but want it to be nice. I had all the parts out of a 77 4wd so that was a lot cheaper than the mII front end and all that went with the traditional street rod. So I guess right now I building a cross between a street rod a 4wd. Seams kind of wierd but I like ridden high above all the other traffic. After mocking in the axels out of the 4wd, it raised the truck 7". I like that look a lot. It will be different and functional at the same time I really haven't done anything that can't be undone to make it a 2wd street rod down the road if I so chose. Well in a nut shell I guess that's it. I'm still in the tare down a clean stage. All cab rust repair is finished. I'm going to do the frame next.

Chat with ya latr man, thanks again

Bryan