The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

got my new baby home today

well i got my 1976 chevy crew cab dually home..got all the campers i had hauled off...well first its been acouple of years since i seent this truck,,i dont rember seeing it with out the carpet in it..the left front floor pan needs replaced, the left front rocker needs replaced...gonna need a winshield, and new bushings on the left rear door...the interior i will probably replace with something newer...also thinking i want suburban doors with electric windows and door locks..
plus side its still set up for my 454 to drop right in...headers and new exhaust still in place,,new brakes,,new tires,,only has 4 alcola rims, but can get 2 more later on...personaly i think i got the better end of the deal...the rear end is worth more than i gave for the 68 gmc i traded for it...the bed has been rhino lined, so has the tailgate, but they never painted the tailgate, and all the hardware for the tailgate is gone..now this truck used to have a built 454 in it..a local racing team used it to pull there race trailer..the guy i got it from,,never really did anything with it..other than take thei interior out of it,,said it stunk really bad...the gas tanks are out of it to,, not sure why,,but i think i will put one back in it for now...since im gonna go with a 150 gallon tank in the bed,,under the little sleeper shell,,unless the shell interfers with pulling a 5th wheel...if it does,,then it is gone...anyway heres some pics and the link to the rest of the
password:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::barbara

http://public.fotki.com/His-n-Hers/s...k/1976-dually/

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

now some guys may think its not in that good of shape,,but i have wanted one for years,,and the price on this one was right..traded my 68 gmc with out a motor straight acroos,, my old wore out riding mower for the rims on it,,and i only had 350 in the old gmc..now the riding mower i gave 30.00,,made 15,000 before it blew the motor,,got another rider from the ol ladys dad, and put the motor on mine, made another 10,000 before i blew to deck bearings...so im happy as a pig in slop...
billy
Old 07-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
Rc 415
Flat Black, & Chrome!

Re: got my new baby home today

Loose the running boards and sleeper shell and that would be one awsome looking dually!
Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 AM   #3
68GMC454
THE VILLIAGE IDIOT

the running boards are iffy,,more thasn likely they gone..the sleeper sheel would be a good place to stuff some 12 inch subs...but im not firm on the shell etiher..im thinking on 4 buckets sears with a custom console front to back,,which would give me some where to mount a sub or 2...
\billy
Old 07-15-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
boatpuller

wow,that'a a whole lotta truck....look's good man.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:28 AM   #5
Rc 415
Flat Black, & Chrome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68GMC454 View Post
im thinking on 4 buckets sears with a custom console front to back,,which would give me some where to mount a sub or 2...
\billy
No doubt man I went with buckets in my regular cab so I have room to make a custom center console for my sub-stage!