The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #1
72PicKuPmAn

Air Bags....

I was wanting to put bags on my 72 truck with coils when I put it back together. I don't care about going up or down fast, I just want to get it to sit the way I want it to. How cheap can I just this done?? I have to get new springs but if I could get bags for not to much more I want to do this.

Thanks

Taylor
Old 12-15-2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Crank

Well, 'bags are going to run quite more. There are a lot more pieces involved in a airbag setup. You have to have Compressors, tanks, valves, lines, bags, the suspension setup(although you can just set the rear bags on the trailing arms) and some more various pieces. I know 'bags would be quite a bit more, but if it's what you're looking for I say go for it man. Someone else may be able to give you a price. Sorry
Brandon
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
XXL
Seņor Member

A pair of bags, some brackets, and some line with Schrader valves on them for manual fillup (with your home compressor or the air at the gas station) is a pretty easy setup, and not terribly expensive. Still more expensive than aftermarket springs through.

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:42 PM   #4
SCOTI

As XXL stated it can be done on the thrifty side but not as cheap as aftermarket drop coils. Butttttttt, w/drop coils you can't compensate for a load so they aren't as cost effective as bags. 2 bags, DOT airline, & valves can be done for less than 300$. I ran this set-up on my beater for the first 2 yrs I had it. Now that I've gotten my 18ft car trailer & lift/deflate more often I bought a tank/compressor/guage kit to make it easier to use them.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 05:48 PM   #5
JHickson6
I Love This Stuff!

Check out NSANE68!!! 's website www.phatcustoms.com, he's got everything you'll need to air out your truck and do it with style!! Plus he's done it more than once, so he knows his $hit!!

My Rides
1967 C10 In Pieces for now
1985 Ford B700 SourPuss Bus - BIG BLUE
2003 Silverado CITY WORKER YELLOW!!
JHickson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #6
70chevy

I went with Air Ride and the complete setup with each corner independent and for under 2K.

[img]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Pictures\Corvett pics\webpic.jpg[/img]

Latest edition.
Attached Images

70 Chevy 1/2 in process.Semi-gloss black powdercoated frame & suspension, disc brakes up front, 3" drop spindle(Beltech) 5 lug 3.73 rearend, ZZ4, Sanderson headers, 700R4, Air Ride system, Summitt 16 gal fuel cell, Holly mech. fuel pump,
70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:26 AM   #7
NSANE68!!!
SLICER AND DICIER

Thanks for the PROPS, Jhickson6.
Yea I've done my share of air ride, on these trucks, civic's, newer chevys, mini's ect.
Give me a holler I'll hook you up! Shoot me an e-mail, I can probably get close to the same price of a static drop. That is if your not looking fot FAST BAGS, individual corner control ect.
95 Honda 900RR
05 GMC Siearra (company truck)
NSANE68!!! is offline   Reply With Quote