The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
Jcentsr6

AIR ride install?

Should I install the air ride at my work (I work for a Mazda dealer) or should I pay to get it installed. I have never installed air bag related items prior...but my techs are good and I think we could do it. What level of difficulty am I looking at installing a Air Ride tech COOL RIDE kit front and rear and the 4000e2 compressor system?? How long will it take? Thanks for the info in advance. (p.s. Air ride tech told me it was all bolt on...is this correct.?)
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Shane
Account Suspended

Re: AIR ride install?

guys have done a lot more complicated installs in their drive way ... I think an after-hours party with your co-workers at the dealership is an awesome idea ... you buy the beers (AFTER the install) and I can promise that you'll have more help than you need. And will still be way less expensive than paying someone to do it for ya.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
56chevy1300

I am a novice builder...I would do it myself
56chevy1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Kontrol Phreaks

The C10 trucks from 63-87 are super easy to install air ride up front on. Since the shocks are located outside the control arms from the factory then you don't have to worry about relocating them. Plus the upper spring pocket is located off the side of the frame rail which require no modifications, and is 100% bolt-on. Here's a picture of the front mounts that we offer for those applications.

Typically you should be able to complete the front suspension install in an afternoon without any problems.

Depending on what year the truck is we might also have a rear kit. I know the ART products are desinged to bolt-on as well, they just don't get the trucks down very low at all.
When it comes to air managment components ( compressors, valves, wiring, etc. ) those item usually eat up some time. Since it sounds like you have access to some lifts, tools, and guys, then I'd say you should be able to tackle a good portion of the work in a weekend.

Those are images of the complete KP Components 73-87 rear suspension system. That entire kit can be easily installed in a single day with a medium work load.

Good luck with the project and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.