The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Baby John
Registered User

Location: Mendenhall MS
What do y'all think of this?

Recently I searched this forum and found a couple posts stating that no one manufactured billet inserts for the GMC. Out of curiosity I did a search for a billet grille insert for my sons 72 GMC, and found a place that listed one. However, the company provided a picture of the grille and it appeared to be a Chevy instead of a GMC. I sent the company an email. Below is the email and the company's response. Now, I know that often times a picture or image is provided that does not accurately represent the actual product, but this company plainly states that their grille will fit my '72 GMC. Please read the message below and let me know what you think.

John-

Yes it will as sometimes the picture for the item description does vary.

Thank you,

John Aspinall

Toll Free: 800-505-DASH Ext 85
Fax: 732-210-0358

john@wooddashexperts.com
www.wooddashexperts.com

Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
70c10
67-72 Addict!

70c10's Avatar

Location: The TAX State!
Re: What do y'all think of this?

Here is one for half that price!:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/69-72...em230155289518
__________________
Jim

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
Brad
Out of the carpool lane.

Brad's Avatar

Location: Clark Co, WA
Re: What do y'all think of this?

I don't think it's going to fit at all. However, you could buy it and double check, since he said it would, then when it doesn't just return it. If they don't refund your money send him a kind email showing him a negative review on the truck board with 20,000 members. I suspect he'd be willing to change his mind.
__________________

1968 C-10 SWB, 5.7 Vortec/700R4/3.73 posi, Torch Red
1968 Camaro, 250/Powerglide, all original (No, I'm not gonna drop a 350 in it!...Jeez!)
2000 Honda VFR in the faster yellow!
2008 Husqvarna TE-610

1967 C-10 SWB 'Six Appeal'-Gone but not forgotten...

Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Longhorn Man's Avatar

Location: Hilliard Ohio
Re: What do y'all think of this?

Brad... we're up to 33,085 now! (I wonder if that includes the banned members)
70C10... that is still a chevy part, not a GMC.
John, personally, i would demand a photo of the GMC grill (you are right, all GMC 67 - 72 came with 4 lamps) before spending any money. While they will be more than happy to return your money, they will most likely NOT be willing to eat the shipping X 2.
This is where dealing with our *prefered list* of vendors pays off. They all know our trucks, and you woulda gotten a real answer and not a cop out.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #5
Baby John
Registered User

Location: Mendenhall MS
Re: What do y'all think of this?

Yeah, that's what I thought. I figured posting this here might also serve as a warning to others who might be fooled by this ad.

I will request a picture and see what I get, and let y'all know.
Baby John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
70c10
67-72 Addict!

70c10's Avatar

Location: The TAX State!
Re: What do y'all think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
70C10... that is still a chevy part, not a GMC.
You're right, I don't know what I was thinking
__________________

Old 07-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Longhorn Man's Avatar

Location: Hilliard Ohio
Re: What do y'all think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10 View Post
You're right, I don't know what I was thinking
we all make those mistakes all the time here.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

special-K's Avatar

Location: Mt Airy, MD
Re: What do y'all think of this?

You were comparing apples to apples and your apple was cheaper.That`s what you were thinking.
"BUILDING A BETTER WAY TO SERVE THE USA"......67/72......"The New Breed"

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks