The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
rlm316

WIW; '82 short step?

WIW: '82 C10 short step?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across a possible deal the other day, a customer has a '82 Chevy 1/2t short step with a wood bed and is looking to sell it. I'm sorry I don't have pics to share so I will try to describe it as well as I can. It looks like an old county truck with all the rust in all the usual places. Fenders are good as are the doors, inner fenders are shot, rear fenders are rusted bad and so are the steps. The wood bed needs to be replaced, it is pretty rotten. There is a hole in the side of the cab where there used to be some type of antenna mounted and the gut is black and pretty wasted. I would imagine the floor pans are rusted through because of the hole in the cab. I didn't lift the hood yet but there is supposed to be a 350 under the hood. The truck was an original 6cyl. Now picture this with a coat of flat black paint with phone book yellow peeking through like a dalmation's coat. He said to make him an offer so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lane
rlm316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
beaterC10

Re: WIW; '82 short step?

I wouldn't offer any more than $500. Around here nice shortbeds bring better money than a comparable long bed, but a rough short bed is nearly impossible to sell.

I had a short step in better shape than what you describe that I started to fix up. I found a nicer short fleet for way less than it would cost to fix up the stepper, so the I ended up parting the stepper. Good rear fenders and steps can be tough to find and expensive when you do find them. I am pretty sure they don't repop a step fender with driver side filler door.

I had a short stepper before my current short fleetside. I prefer the fleetside for use as a work truck since I can get a truck box that fits and have more room in the bed.
beaterC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
rlm316

Re: WIW; '82 short step?

Well, I bought the truck. It has what looks like a new crate motor in it but the PO let it sit for a few years with no attention so its stuck. It has new sheet metal for the cab in the bed. When I pick it up I will post some pics.
rlm316 is offline   Reply With Quote