The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2002, 04:44 PM   #1
hrc200x

All of my trucks you see there are very rusty except the black and blue one with the lift. That has surface rust on the one box side and a little you can't see under the passenger door. The body was from texas (I spent about $1700 on just the body and it still needs dents fixed and paint!), I do not drive it in the winter/salt. The montana truck needs cab corners. Other than that all of the other truck bodies arn't worth saving.

As far as our winter, we should have about 1-2 feet of snow already, so this is very abnormal to be able to see gravel this time of year.

The red one you think is a big 10 is actually just a bumper sticker someone put on the side of the box.

I plan to keep all my body parts that arn't rusted. Is so nice just walking a few hundred feet and getting the parts you need. :p

The frame weld on the crew cab seems to be an OK job, The crossmember ended up having one bolt through the 2wd frame and the other bolt through the 4wd frame, so it doesn't sit flush with the bottom of the frame where it bolts on. When we put the motor in it was a very tight fit, then I found out that the tranny dipstick tube had a crack where it bolts to the bellhousing, That was a very tight fit getting that out without pulling the engine.