The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
yourgrool
67-72

4-link question

Im planning on running a 4-link from competition engineering and the 4link frame rails with 18.5in wide tires, will i be able to run bags instead of coilovers and lay low? or wont a 4link like that work with bags since it goes all the way around the axel tube?
yourgrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
hotrods316

Re: 4-link question

You can do it but it will be a little harder. You could make your own bracket to hold a sleeve or double convoluted bag that mounts like the coil-over would or your best bet would be to use Shockwave air springs in the back. They would just bolt in instead of your coilover setup since they are essentially just that the air spring has a sdhock inside it. They are pricey but nice. well if you need more of an explanation i will give one but this is what I know.
Anyone Else

-Matt
hotrods316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Kontrol Phreaks

Re: 4-link question

Your best bet will be to install the 4 link system with an adjustable lower coil-over mount welded to the axle tube.

This will allow to switch the performance of a coil-over setup to an adjustable air suspension using a Shockwave. You could install a quick release air fitting on the shockwave airline going to the supply valve. So when you want to take it to a track, you can simply unbolt the shockwave, release the line and fitting, and bolt the coil-over back in place.

Now'll you have 2 different working suspensions on the back of your prostreet / protouring truck chassis. If you need parts for the truck let me know. I can help supply you with these items, or help guide you through the project. We're an authorized dealer for Chris Alston's Chassisworks and the images posted above are their products.

Good Luck with the project.