The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2002, 08:49 AM   #1
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Unhappy Anybody else waiting on parts from Year One?

My dad ordered 4 KYB shocks for his truck a month ago and still has not recieved them. He has never ordered from them before. Are they typically that slow?. The only vendor that slow is Classic Industries.

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
70c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 10:04 AM   #2
JJR

Year One, like other vendors, do not stock some of the items they sell. My guess would be that the supplier of the shocks is holding things up. Keep hounding them. I pass by the exit for Year One on my way to work but have not bought to much stuff from them (they tend to be on the high side).

Second Owner 70 C-10
Second Owner 93 GMC C1500
Third Owner 99 C2500 Crew Cab Short Bed
JJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 06:28 PM   #3
cableguy0

another thing u gotta remember is its christmas time and stuff sells out a lot quicker. i'd call and see if they are on backorder or somethin. sometimes companies just get in a little over thier heads this time of year
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:22 PM   #4
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

It's about a 30 min. drive from my house to Year One and It isn't worth the drive to me.I don't have much experience with them but the one time I went there I found several things I didn't care for.
1) High prices
2)No showroom,just cataloges and lots of warehouses.
3)long line of people waiting for them to go dig parts out of the warehouse.

I prefer to do bussiness with the members of the BB because most of them will give you advice on the parts you buy even if you didn't buy from them.I like to see what I'm getting,or at least have a recomendation and the members of this BB will give you one.
Year One is a high volume sales co. and are in it for the money,many of the parts they sell they haven't used enough to have a good idea of whether it is the best quality available.
I met one of the people who work at Year One and he acted as if he were a public relations guy rather than a real car nut.
This is strictly my opinion and as I mentioned it is from very limited dealings with the company.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote