The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Mechdawg

67 Bench Seat Foam

Ive got yet another question for the masses. My wife bought me a really nice custom made seat cover for my truck but before I could even think of putting it on there I need to do something about the seat itself. The bench is the original 67 style bench so its mostly springs not foam it just has a layer of burlap with some fluffy filler kinda stuff in it. I know GMC pauls lists a set of replacement foams for this bench but since it dosnt seem to have foam to begin with not sure what it would come with. Im just wondering if anyone has bought them and installed them on one of these seats. If so do you still use all of the springs or does that get removed somehow.
Thanks all
Mechdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: 67 Bench Seat Foam

I had an old style seat that I got rid of in favor of the new style with thicker foam on the bottom. I figured that more foam would be better than a thin.

Also, most vendors didn't have the foam for those trucks a few years ago. They only carried the thicker foam for the newer trucks.

As for your question about removing the springs. I don't believe you need to do that. Should be a direct replacement of the old foam.

If GMC Paul has the set for that year, give him a call and get some additional info.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote