The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
JWPOORE

Broke/Stuck window regulator - How do I remove it?

I have a driver side window regulator on my 70 Chevy Blazer that I cannot figure out how to remove. It is stuck in the up position and will not roll down. The repair manual says to roll the window up first and then remove the 4 bolts and take out the regulator, but every other post I have seen on here states to roll the window down, then remove the side window, etc.

Problem is, I could not even budge the regulator out with the window up so I am not sure if there is a special way to remove it. Also, the regulator just turns in circles and is obviously stripped out because the window does not roll down when I use the vice grips on it to try and lower it down, it just turns.

Any suggestions on what to try would be greatly appreciated. Is there a difference in removing a regulator from a truck and blazer or is it the same procedure that requires the lowering of the window first? Thanks for any help you can offer.
JWPOORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
NuBomb

Re: Broke/Stuck window regulator - How do I remove it?

I'm no expert, but I just did this to mine yesterday but mine wasn't stuck. If I were you, I would try to loosen the rear track ( the screw right above the latch mechanism and the two screws toward the rear of the door. with that removed or at least loosend enough to allow some movement, I would take the four screws out of the regulator and then try to lower the window as much as you can and push as far to the rear of the door I could. I would then remove the screws from the vent window and try to remove it. Once the vent window is out, I would hope the window could slide far enough forward to remove the entire window from the regulator. I may be way off on this. I guess this would be something you would have to just try.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #3
mister.freeze

Please post some help: mine is stripped about an inch from the top- the teeth are gone. how do you get the guts out of the door?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
JWPOORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBomb View Post
I'm no expert, but I just did this to mine yesterday but mine wasn't stuck. If I were you, I would try to loosen the rear track ( the screw right above the latch mechanism and the two screws toward the rear of the door. with that removed or at least loosend enough to allow some movement, I would take the four screws out of the regulator and then try to lower the window as much as you can and push as far to the rear of the door I could. I would then remove the screws from the vent window and try to remove it. Once the vent window is out, I would hope the window could slide far enough forward to remove the entire window from the regulator. I may be way off on this. I guess this would be something you would have to just try.

I'll give those suggestions a try tomorrow. Any other input or pics people might have feel free to post; I could use all the help possible. Thanks.
JWPOORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:47 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Not a expert either but if it's like a truck then it has two tracks one in top of the door and one in bottom. the regulator has roller's that ride in them. If they have come out or the roller is gone it could bind up in the track. Take a light and look inside the door to see where it's come out or roller gone. If you took the screws out of the regulator gear then it should move up and down there is nothing that should hold it unless it's binded up in the track.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
ABLAZN
Oh..never mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWPOORE View Post
I'll give those suggestions a try tomorrow. Any other input or pics people might have feel free to post; I could use all the help possible. Thanks.
Here is link to a write up from our own FAQ section that should help.

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=157539
Turbo 350
NP-205
454 BB (for now)
MORE TO COME !!!!!! Now going to 2WD!!!!!

Sold.

I got it back after 22 years and did not even know it !!!
THE STORY HERE

Project Low Down Dirty Rat
ABLAZN is offline   Reply With Quote