The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
Solego
Dr. Frankentruck's Monster

Question Seats

I just purchased a '69 GMC 1500. The p/o put in some fancy dancy electric bucket seats. The only problem with it is that it puts me real close to the dash, so much so that I have to lift my leg up to get it on the brake. Now, I know that removing the gas tank will pretty much solve the problem, but, I would still like to know where I could buy a repo bench seat. I have checked lots of places but they only seem to sell the seat in pieces. Also, are there any kits for installing seat belts with shoulder harnesses. My wife refuses to ride in the truck until I have the A/C fixed and it has shoulder harness seat belts.

Actually, is that really a bad thing?

Project SLOMO
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=430494
Solego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
dan42

Re: Seats

Taking the gas tank may not help as much as you think. I have kind of looked for a repo too, but IMO your best bet is an early - mid 90's bench from a Chevy p/u - They fit fairly well, but you may have to cut the frame down an inch or two if your tall (6 foot). Good luck -
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:22 AM   #3
combustion

i have honda seats on my truck of a civic SI. i think they look better than other GM seats og its kind. plus they feel better IMO. i tore out my bench and put 2 buckets. just my 2 cents. btw, i fabricated my seat rails. it was not really that hard.
If it`s 3.73 ratio you will spint the wheel 100 times to the driveshaft`s 373 times.Or,if you`re lazy,you could just spin the wheel once and the driveshaft will spin 3.73 times.Or, 3 and 3/4 turns.And if you`re real lazy,I can sell you a tab for whatever ratio you want.
Or,you could read all the suggestions and try those.It`s been well explained,I think,already.
combustion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #4
HeavyD

Finding a bench seat should be one of the easiest parts to find, since I see tons of people installing buckets or newer benches. I would get an original bench (prob can even get a free bench if you post) and have it recovered. No need to even think about paying repo price for a part that is tossed away so often. As for the seatbelts, Julianos www.julianos.com sells shoulder belt assemblies made for our year of trucks.